Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lipo safety
Thought I'd share this with you guys for those who are still concerned about Lipos :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j32sugI98...r_embedded
Thumbs Up 
That was good, i wonder if they would take a sledge hammer to a full oxygen tank to see what happens? ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

wilekcmc
Congress shall make no law
Respecting an establishment of religion
Or prohibiting the free exercice there of
Or abridging the freedom of speech
Or of the press
Or of the right of the people peacefully to assemble
And to petition the government for a re-dress of grievances
Makes me feel better about using my lipo! It arrived a while ago and I have been reluctant to use it. Will take it out this weekend!
I've been using Lipo on my AEG probably for about 3+yrs now. Dare I say probably the 1st in TKO to dabble with it after reading about it in Arnie's...never had any problems. Just get matching chargers/balancers & you're good to go. OTOH I've seen FarEast's NiMH short circuit in Battle City and that was smokin'!! i.e. all batteries can be dangerous and the disparity is not as great as how it's portrayed on the net.
Just wanted to say that I have been using my Lipos for about 10 months now and love them. They pack a great punch for their size. I am able to fit an 11.1v battery into the hand guard of my M4. Where as you would not be able to even put an 8.4v regular battery there.

Wonderful!
I know it's kinda dumb but is every gun lipo ready ? If not what do I have to change in the gear box ? And so I have to change the fuse?
Depends on lipo specs. What are you thinking of putting inside? 7.4V low mAh, maybe. If 11.1V or 14.8V, let's see how long your gearbox lasts Big Grin.
To tell you the truth I don't even know what happens or what's the meaning of mah lol! I know the meaning but what it does the higher the mah ? The faster the rof? Of it makes the battery life bigger ? Does it affect the mps ? Sorry for a lot of question Q Smile
(23-12-2010, 01:17 AM)marco0528 Wrote: To tell you the truth I don't even know what happens or what's the meaning of mah lol! I know the meaning but what it does the higher the mah ? The faster the rof? Of it makes the battery life bigger ? Does it affect the mps ? Sorry for a lot of question Q Smile

Your rate of fire will generally go up, but this is why it's important to be careful how powerful a lipo you get, as Q said it could destroy the internals by pushing them farther than they were designed for. Fps/Mps is dictated by the spring I believe, so I don't see you getting much of a boost there. One of the big advantages is that lipos are comparatively smaller, and can be shaped more, to fit in smaller or more compact places. A lot of guys use them to get a RIS on their gun without having to reposition the wires in the back or something.
Tnx guys it's really a good help for noob like me so I don't destroy my rifle Smile

About the rof I got a theory that the faster the roof makes the joule goes up don't you think so? it's like racing when you overtake you use the car in front of you for gain more speed I forgot what it's called but I think with BB's it's almost the same formula just shaing my thoughts Smile well I think if the rifle is in auto mode I guess but with single shot nothing changes Smile
You can find a funny video of exactly what they are talking about here

http://www.ginganinga.com/?p=72

Click the image on the left to watch the video of me destroying my gun on a lipo Smile
(23-12-2010, 01:40 AM)marco0528 Wrote: About the rof I got a theory that the faster the roof makes the joule goes up don't you think so? it's like racing when you overtake you use the car in front of you for gain more speed I forgot what it's called but I think with BB's it's almost the same formula just shaing my thoughts Smile well I think if the rifle is in auto mode I guess but with single shot nothing changes Smile

The power output is only decided by how much air, and how fast, is pushed through the air muzzle. This in turn is mostly decided by the spring, the piston and how well the seals around the air piston/nozzle/hop hup/barrel are. The battery does not play any role at all with the joule output since it has no involvement with how the air is pushed through the muzzle. Battery only has consequences on the motor itself (only part actually linked to the battery), and the motor only works for pulling the piston, not pushing it.

Your analogy is nice, but it's not quite the same thing as cars I'm afraid Wink
Isn't there also an issue of back drafting if your rate of fire is too fast vs length of barrel and speed (time it takes BB to leave system). Is it not possible that a BB can get reverse suction from the piston moving back before the BB has left the barrel?
Myth, never proven.
If it goes too fast the piston will break before. The timing isn't possible for the reverse suction to occur while not sustaining piston damage prior to that.