Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A-TACS == "There goes my Multicam Investment"
"semi-final bonus for myself as a single will be used"

Are you getting married Ron?
Yeah, probably it's in next year. This means my investmen in airsoft will decrease and I'll have to make decent presentations to make her feel like increasing the budget.

Sorry guys, I'm now far away from the subject. Let's get back to A-TACS talk!
These might be the closest thing to it for a while -

http://store.tactical-performance.com/pr...100AT.html
Goddam it, had to be eHobby Asia doing it first:
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-masada...-tacs.html

Well, two things though I noticed:
- They use a black color based ACR, which isn't really the best idea I think, it's gonna age pretty badly and scratches will be really visible very quickly.
- I'm broke and can't afford it anyway Wink
Danner boots in A-TACS :-

http://soldiersystems.net/2011/01/05/dan...in-a-tacs/

Do I hear YCare scream, "But they're just muddy boots!!" Smile
(07-01-2011, 01:48 AM)Q Wrote: Danner boots in A-TACS :-

170USD is cheaper than I expected and makes me consider to get it.
(07-01-2011, 01:48 AM)Q Wrote: Do I hear YCare scream, "But they're just muddy boots!!" Smile

Well, at this stage yeah, it's pretty much just boots dipped in mud Big Grin
Still look good though, but it's gonna be hard making the difference between actual mud and the pattern when cleaning the boots Wink
Here's a report of A-TACS field test by Phantom.

http://www.phantom-web.com/a-tacs/index.html
It looks pretty cool IMHO
It looks like moldy bread
King of Questions
Btw, not sure if you guys know, but Phantom, a military gear shop in Shibuya, has a small section dedicated to A-TACS gear, from pouches to bag and BDU.

http://www.phantom-web.com/cgi/cw_catalo...nl&key=TAG
Received mine today! ...My wallet suffered, but pretty happy!

Hopefully I bought the "fake" Multicam BDU at echigoya for 5000yen last year, so not to much remorse for spending a fortune on this.
"Warning! - NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night."
(03-02-2011, 12:09 AM)madmax Wrote: Received mine today! ...My wallet suffered, but pretty happy!

Hopefully I bought the "fake" Multicam BDU at echigoya for 5000yen last year, so not to much remorse for spending a fortune on this.

Pics! ^^
Quote:Pics! ^^

hmmm... I'll try to do a one-man cosplay show in my room tonight and take some shots.
But you'll see me wearing it on the next event anyway.

By the way, I ordered the pants online for 135 USD, and bought the jacket in Phantom for 18'000yen.
Pretty expensive, but I couldn't find it online. Sold out every where!

It's a bit of a shame that all my favorite camos (A-Tacs and ACU) are useless in Japanese bamboo jungles though, but I guess cosplay is more important that concealment when the bullets don't actually kill you. ^^
Who makes your pants? TP? How did you buy online? From the TP site itself?

Last week Phantom Shibuya had (have?) a combat shirt in M but they didn't have any pants in M (they had a L). The Higashi Kurume store was supposed to have pants in M size but turned out their computer system was wrong.

Anyhow RON & I are buying straight from TP - it's cheaper but it's taking a long time. I think when EOTAC and Propper release their BDUs, they'll probably be cheaper than TP's. But neither of those brands do the TP's combat shirt style.

Don't worry about practicality of A-TACS, personally I still believe that any camo in Japan airsoft is more show than really practical. Doesn't matter which camo you wear, most of our engagement is under 30m.

Probably the practical camo for our use in airsoft (although designed for real use) is Hyperstealth's SMARTCAMO with colour changing capabilities.
I need to check form home which website I ordered the pants (I am at work now), but technically, they appeared as "sold out" on the page.
I had to send an email to them, and they said they can manage a pair for me.

For the shirt, I bought M at Phantom, but again, they didn't have it in stock... They had it kuronekoed from their other branch for me (it took a couple of days).

Oh, and yes, both shirt and pants are TP.

EDIT:
Quote:it's cheaper but it's taking a long time.

Congratulations!
Seriously, when there something I want ("need") and that I can actually afford, I need to have it right away, otherwise I can't sleep and focus on other things! Usually I don't even care paying a high price for it.

I am so spoiled! ^^

(I guess this is becasue I am from a modest working class family, and I couln't have all the stuff I wanted when I was a child, now that I am earning my own money, I just feel like recovering form that time.)

Quote:Probably the practical camo for our use in airsoft (although designed for real use) is Hyperstealth's SMARTCAMO with colour changing capabilities.

HAHA! Yeah... please don't give me ideas! ;o)