Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EBB M4 Sopmod/Socom Owners!! Want to use reg mags?
Anyone knows where to buy Freedom Art parts?? :-

http://www.gun-freedom-art.com/UP/magpypem4.html
It's actually someone else that is making this part.
Here's the link to his web site.. http://www.pakayama.com/
He will sell directly as well.
Pakayama Mag Pipe Y1700 @ akabane frontier
[Image: IMG_0020.jpg]

[Image: pk2-1.jpg]

once inserted you will find it hard to pull it out. it has a rubber O-ring so it fit tightly.

[Image: IMG_0018.jpg]
pmag fits perfectly well inside the magwell

[Image: IMG_0019.jpg]
So this little part is all you need to use regular AEG mags? Sorry I cant read the site because its not in english.
Yes, that is correct.
Not sure, but I think they had it at the Echigoya in Akiba last time I went. Little thing is bending my will to get the CQB-R recoil they just released.
I actually have one but I haven't used it. I'm a little concerned on how to secure the adapter onto the hopup feed otherwise I could lose it in the field whilst changing mags.
Has that been an issue for those that have already purchased it? That WOULD sukto lose it while changing mags....game over for you. I also see that the bolt catch action does not work once this part is installed...DARN!
Has anyone tried this yet? I have the CQB-R and want to use magpul mags for my gun. And if the adapter works great then is there an issue with mapul mags with TM CQB-R? I heard some people having issues with the mags staying in the mag well.
It has no problem staying in the Sopmod therefore I don't see why it should have problems staying in the CQB-R. Note that instructions do say you need to shave off 0.3-0.5mm off the mag-catch.

[Image: PMag.jpg]
looks like that gun burned a hole in your pocket Smile
Nice to see they sit and stay in securely.
was the issue of having the part fall out during mag changes resolved?
I've not skirmished it enough to see if that Pakyama part will fall out Big Grin. But changing the PMags at home a few times, so far it seems quite secure. The instruction say you have to pry it out with a hex key however it's not locked in so I'm sure over time it will loosen.
Thats the TM Sopmod M4? Now if that adapter really works and stays in then i might be spending some cash lol. Thanks for the reply Q. Oh btw what kind of stock is that? Is that aftermarket?
Q,
is this the sopmod with the lipo batteries wired to fit in the front of that DD rail system?
With the ACS stock and Magpul parts it looks amazing. Hope it works when you get it to the field Smile
(03-05-2010, 12:54 PM)Q Wrote: It has no problem staying in the Sopmod therefore I don't see why it should have problems staying in the CQB-R. Note that instructions do say you need to shave off 0.3-0.5mm off the mag-catch.

Q - the instructions say you should bend inwards the mag catch 0.3 - 0.5 mm, not shave off....

and you wonder why your custom guns are always breaking down.... Tongue