Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOPMOD 6.03 Barrel Problems?
(05-08-2009, 05:58 PM)GuBu Wrote: Thank you for advice. More question, Do you applied prometheus pring guide, Sealing Nozzle, Piston head and Cylinder head into your gun? and how about velocity?
I used the Prometheus Sealing Nozzle, Cylinder Head, KM Piston Head and everything else stock. It reaches 96 m/s.
(05-08-2009, 06:06 PM)Hazard Wrote:
(05-08-2009, 05:58 PM)GuBu Wrote: Thank you for advice. More question, Do you applied prometheus pring guide, Sealing Nozzle, Piston head and Cylinder head into your gun? and how about velocity?
I used the Prometheus Sealing Nozzle, Cylinder Head, KM Piston Head and everything else stock. It reaches 96 m/s.

Very Big Thank you ^^
im using pdi 6.01 bout 20k rounds no jamming. bb qualitys obvisouly important.
(05-08-2009, 06:06 PM)Hazard Wrote:

KM Piston Head? Which one you installed into your sopmod?

KM Aluminum Piston Head for Gearbox Version 2<<<< this one?

More questions, Which BBs brand you used without jam problem in PDI 6.01mm?
i use the guarder 0.28s here with my 6.01 no jams. Stick with the promy piston head its back is designed to hold the recoil units brass bar. Im making my own stuff and i can honestly say the prometheus stuff is produced to an unbelievable standard. Its most definatly something all companys should aim for.
Hi guys... A newbie here... I would just like to ask how long would be the longest barrel that could fit in my SOPMOD coz I'm planning to add a suppressor and make it a sniper type rifle... I'm not really after the power... Although I'm trying to atleast improve it's accuracy... I just got my gun 2 months ago and just had a "Prometheus Spring Guide" for an upgrade, and it's already clocking at 92-94 m/ps. I don't really know how could that be. Even the people at "Fortress" were shocked...

Please advice... I don't want to surpass the legal limit coz I would like to join skirmishes here in Nagoya... Thanks...
Honestly, you dont need a longer barrel to make it more accurate. You're going to notice zero difference in accuracy between a standard length 6.01 and one long enough to go through a suppressor. Save your money and put it into a quality suppressor with foam in it if you want to quiet it down, or put it to some nice camo so you can do more sniping. Airsoft isnt like real steel, you get a massive amount of diminishing returns when it comes to things like barrel length and FPS. Stick with standard length and practice your marksmanship if you're worried about it.

Besides, with the FPS limits here you're not going to be doing any "sniping" anyway. The distances are so close you dont even "need" a scope.

EDIT: And welcome to the forums! I havent been to a TKO event yet either, so maybe I'll see you at the next one.
I had a 550 mm barrel in mine and did some extensive upgrades to the internals (everything that could be added was). I ended up with 97m/s with a Systema M85 spring.

I had ordered a spare hop-up unit from Tokyo Marui so that I could swap inner barrels from the long 550 mm to a shorter 407 mm, but decided to sell the set-up before it came in. The inner barrel is very easy to change on the SOPMOD.

Here is the thread from when I sold it if you want more info on it.
http://www.tkoverkill.com/showthread.php...13#pid8013
Going to have to respectfully disagree with you Wraith. I found the 6.03 550mm made a huge difference in accuracy over the stock barrel, and gave me better power than the 407mm 6.03 as well.

[Image: M4.1.jpg]
[Image: M4.2.jpg]

For the cost it is a great investment.
The cylinder in the SOPMOD isn't ported so it works well with longer barrels, so you get a power and accuracy upgrade with a very easy to do upgrade for about 5,000 yen. The alternative is opening mech boxes, etc etc.

I loved mine when I had it like this, as did the people I lent it to.
At a public game in kawagoe I lent it to a fellow TKO member who was having some gun trouble and he raved about it's accuracy.

I also added a scope for a few games, and that was fun as well.

One warning though, and the reason this weapon will never be a true DMR...it is loud!
It will almost always give away your position with that blowback system going thunk thunk every shot Smile
I think you misunderstood me, I meant leave it stock length and get a 6.01 and leave it at that. I promise you that an extra six inches of barrel isnt going to make any sort difference in a side by side test. Of course a tightbore is going to be a massive upgrade over a stock marui barrel. In fact I'm looking to get one for my AK.

I'll try to find the tests I saw a while back that tested barrel length vs accuracy as tested by a gun clamp on an indoor range. The results show that barrel length matters much less than barrel diameter and bb quality. The maximum accuracy you'll get out of an airsoft gun is with a tightbore of 300 mm, any more than that and you get little if any improvement in accuracy. I always side with the scientific tests as opposed to "It was WAY more accurate, trust me". I'll be sure to post the article up when I find it.
Thanks for the advice guys... Also be thinking about your advice Wraith. I'll take a good research about it tonight... Thanks guys....

Out of the topic though, anyone here from Nagoya???
hi guys i am new ti this forum and airsoft in general i have the TM m4 sopmod and i am wanting tochange the inner barrel ,what is the best one to go for 6.01 or a 6.03 and what lengh and do i need to change anything else or can i just put the inner barrel straight in without any other mod
thanks
I would suggest a 6.03.
The sopmod is a 363mm inner barrel, but a 407mm will fit and stick just a bit into the flash hider.
With the sopmod the swap should be pretty easy. Pop open the receiver, release charging handle, remove hop up unit and inner barrel. Swap and reverse.

Enjoy.
what would the fps on this we have a maximum of 350 fps where we go and want to get as near as this as possible it is averaging about 285 fps as standard
I don't think any inner barrel will get you to 350.
I would contact Richard at Eagle6 in the UK and get his spring kit plus a tightbore barrel. that should get you to 350.