Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOPMOD 6.03 Barrel Problems?
Hi all,
I went to Echigoya in Shinjuku today to help my buddy order a 6.03 inner barrel install for his SOPMOD. The guy at the shop said that they won't do it because they have had to many reports/complaints of jams and bbs breaking inside and causing problems. They offered to do a 6.04 or 6.05.

I ordered a 6.03 from Laylax after our maintenance session and am now worried. I noticed that Echigoya doesn't carry Laylax barrels, having mainly PDI and some other custom ones...could this be part of the issue? Do they just not want to deal with the Laylax barrels and only want to install what they carry? I know they carry other laylax stuff, but I never see any of the barrels...

How have your installs gone? Any issues with 6.03 and bio bbs? I know some of you were using them at SEALS in May...what are you thoughts. Should I order a wider barrel or will I be OK with the 6.03 if I keep it clean.

Thanks.
I guess Echigoya doesnt work with Prometheus .03, mainly because of the tight bore + length would cause too much power, and they seem quite strict about it.

On the other hand, I experienced no jams whatsoever with my 407 / .03 mm you saw last time... The decreased speed might be caused by cylinder, but I bought a whole set of new parts now so it should be solved soon.
I bought a whole set as well...we should get together for the install...although I am worried I am going to over power mine after it clocked in at 91 m/s stock and I have a 550mm to install with the cylinder, cylinder head and piston head...I am afraid I might get more than 7 or 8 m/s out of that Wink
It's un-skirmished yet (unlike mine Wink ), maybe thats why...
I used a 6.01mm PDI in my SOPMOD, no problems...used it in Seals.
likewise, 6.01 PDI in mine too, easily 3000rds thru it so far without a single jam

interesting that you're getting 91m/s in stock form, I believe both Q and I measured at 84m/s stock.
>>Anarchy
Yah, Hawk was very surprised to see mine rating so high, but I have only had the gun a few days and there were only about 100 rounds through it when it was tested, so BRAND NEW. Will be interesting to see what happens with the longer barrel and other upgrades.
(08-06-2009, 10:23 PM)dstole Wrote: I bought a whole set as well...we should get together for the install...although I am worried I am going to over power mine after it clocked in at 91 m/s stock and I have a 550mm to install with the cylinder, cylinder head and piston head...I am afraid I might get more than 7 or 8 m/s out of that Wink
That's pretty long... Undecided

You don't need to change cylinders if you're going to use barrels beyond 480 mm. What you do need IMO is to at least change the nozzle and piston head so there would be less leaks in the system.
Hi Hazard,
I wanted to extend it as far as I could inside the suppressor...is that going to be too long?

This is the nozzle yah?

It was the only part I didn't buy. Maybe I should add that to my order.
Is there a point where the barrel is too long? I could probably change my order if I need to as they haven't sent it yet.
(09-06-2009, 12:01 PM)dstole Wrote: Hi Hazard,
I wanted to extend it as far as I could inside the suppressor...is that going to be too long?

This is the nozzle yah?

It was the only part I didn't buy. Maybe I should add that to my order.
Is there a point where the barrel is too long? I could probably change my order if I need to as they haven't sent it yet.
Yup, that's it.

There is a point when the barrel is too long. When there's not enough air in the system to push the BB out. That's an M16 length barrel, right?
Yah, it's for the M16A1・A2・VN・Steyr AUG+
Maybe I should have ordered a shorter one Sad
I have question about inner barrel for sopmod also. I plan to change outter barrel to first factory short barrel for SOPMOD. But I have to change inner barrel to 285 mm length. For AEG we have to change cylinder too right? But for SOPMOD I guess it different.
Should I change cylinder or not if I change inner barrel length?

Thank you
IMHO, change the cylinder too - to match your inner barrel length.
(04-08-2009, 10:21 PM)GuBu Wrote: I have question about inner barrel for sopmod also. I plan to change outter barrel to first factory short barrel for SOPMOD. But I have to change inner barrel to 285 mm length. For AEG we have to change cylinder too right? But for SOPMOD I guess it different.

Thank you
Change the cylinder to match the barrel. Me and Anarchy have a similar setup. I use the Prometheus Type D cylinder.
(05-08-2009, 10:11 AM)Hazard Wrote:
(04-08-2009, 10:21 PM)GuBu Wrote: I have question about inner barrel for sopmod also. I plan to change outter barrel to first factory short barrel for SOPMOD. But I have to change inner barrel to 285 mm length. For AEG we have to change cylinder too right? But for SOPMOD I guess it different.

Thank you
Change the cylinder to match the barrel. Me and Anarchy have a similar setup. I use the Prometheus Type D cylinder.

Thank you for advice. More question, Do you applied prometheus pring guide, Sealing Nozzle, Piston head and Cylinder head into your gun? and how about velocity?