Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G&P M4 Enforcer Review
Product can be seen here.

A review of a somewhat very similar model, the Defender (only flash hider and stock are actually different), can be seen here.

So, ordered last week from WGC, delivered within a bit less than a week, box was in good condition. and a lot of bubble wrap was used within a rather tight box, nothing much moving in there.

[Image: photo.jpg]
[Image: photo4.jpg]

Everything was wrapped seperatly. Came with:
- The M4 Enforcer.
- Wilcox replica aimpoint sight.
- Front grip with special slot for pressure switch (laser or light). Grip is shallow, so whatever can also be put inside too, it has a seal so water resistant.
- 3 rails protectors, made of black rubber, long enough to cover 9/10 of the front RIS.
- A Noveske KX3 replica flash hider, which is actually a sound amplifier.
- A Marine shorty type stock.
- One magazine, low cap it would seem at first sight.
- A stock and front sling attaches. Both can be put on whatever side. Stock's is changeable, and front one attaches to the RIS.
- A larger plastic butt for the stock, allowing to add another battery for 9.6V type of battery. Plain butt is rubber for the stock.
- A crappy manual for a different type of M4. Highly TM inspired/copied.
- A WGC cap Huh

[Image: photo5.jpg]

Additionally:
- Taped to the box was an envelope with certifications from WGC that the fun is under 1J, several copies of it, as well as the invoice, several copies of it, all for the customs, which didn't seem to be the less interested in those at this time since everything's still here.

[Image: photo2.jpg]

Plastic parts:
- Marine's stock outer shell. Main inside tube is metal.
- Rubber butt of the stock.
- Aimpoint's cover and caps holder.
- Grip.

Metal parts:
- Everything else Big Grin .

I was at first surprised "how light" was the full metal gun compared to the TM M4 S-System. Though once I saw the size of the battery that goes along (which I ordered from eHobby Asia), a 8.4v 3300ma, I understood it wouldn't be a light gun.

[Image: photo6.jpg]

No wobble in the gun. I'm serious, this is tight, nothing moves of the gun body. Stock is fixed, no movement between upper and lower receiver, RIS is tightly screwed and the barrel doesn't move a bit. M4 S-System seems like a toy next to it. Even the full metal AK I have feels less sturdy than this. It's crazy.
It's actually so sturdy, that the only wobbling pieces are even more obvious.
The trigger guard is a bit loose, probably not exactly the right size. a bit of loctite or simply changing it would fix that.
The bolt blocker when magazines are empty, which is useless here, somehow was loose for no apparent reason. A little loctite at the bottom of it fixed that.
Magazine fits well, and not particularly loose, but since everything else is so tight, it makes it feel falsely loose here.
Finally, the bolt cap can't be closed, it's lacking a depression in the bolt to allow the latch to close.

[Image: photo7.jpg]
[Image: photo8.jpg]

Visually, the gun looks badass, matte black, good quality metal. the markings are really nice too. The gun first came with black tape on all the markings, easily removable without glue left on it. The Wilcox name on the aimpoint and the markings on the RIS are blacked off with a black marker it would seem, but I read it can be undone with some nail polish remover (afraid of removing the black paint of the gun though Undecided).

[Image: photo10.jpg]
[Image: photo9.jpg]

Ok, once the battery inside the stock (which was a PAIN to put in btw), ready to fire. No feeding issue with the magazine provided, and other mags work fine too.
The gun seems LOUD (especially with the sound amplifier). From the shooting side it sounds slight louder than usual. But I put my ear close to the exit of the barrel, and I was deafened for a few seconds, which means on the other side of the gun, it must sound quite loud...
The aimpoint is really nice and I would say good quality at first tries.
The shooting is consistent and quite grouped, but definitely over the 1J limit. I don't have the device to measure speed, but I know on y boxes what damages make a 0.9J gun, and this is definitely way superior. The certifications says 0.96J, but I don't believe it for a second.
Shooting rate is GOOD, it goes fast, you can empty a low cap mag in just a few seconds if not careful.

I opened the gun, and put a little of silicon spray where I could as I read it was advised (spring/cylinder and bearings), but didn't remove the mechbox itself. No apparent chunk of grease on the outside of it though.

That's it for now, when I get more info I'll post it here, but meanwhile, you guys can see the gun within my next games, cause this is definitely one I'll be bringing along.

Oh, and anyone has any advice about how to reduce the joule output ? Big Grin
PS: Sorry for the crappy picture quality, my digital camera is refusing to work and my iPhone is all I have Undecided
good start and interesting to read. Let's check it out in the field, Ycare.
Easiest way to remove black marker pen is to just use achohol wipes or break cleaner. Failing that just write over the top of the markings with another marker pen and wipe off Big Grin
Thanks FarEast ! Will the try the alcohol swipes tonight.

I'll add about the gun that once the battery is in, it's VERY well balanced, can almost stand on the grip. I think I'll keep this way, well balanced and light on the front ^^
The super cheap, easy way to reduce FPS is to simply leave the gun with the spring compressed. Go full auto and try to stop at a point when the compression is heavy (simply take off the top reciver to see how compressed the spring is. Leave it like this overnight or however long it takes for the spring to cooldown.

This is a temporary fix though, it will bounce back after some time.
Watch out for the military industrial complex. They are here to upgrade your guns!Big Grin
Hey, thanks Ecthelion. I'll see the actual fps soon, waiting for a chrono now

Just a follow up. here is what it looks like now. Still missing 2 little things, and then all done.

[Image: IMG_0307.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0308.jpg]
you got another gun, Ycare!?

It's very nice tho Smile

wooo!
(05-06-2009, 05:14 PM)Ecthelion Wrote: The super cheap, easy way to reduce FPS is to simply leave the gun with the spring compressed. Go full auto and try to stop at a point when the compression is heavy (simply take off the top reciver to see how compressed the spring is. Leave it like this overnight or however long it takes for the spring to cooldown.

This is a temporary fix though, it will bounce back after some time.

Errr....where did you learn this from and have you tried it yourself? Actually I wouldn't recommend having a spring left compressed as as method of weakening a spring as :-

* you are stressing the rest of the mechbox - the gears, the mechbox shell, bushings, piston head and the piston teeth, etc
* it's inconsistent (i.e. U have no idea what power you're reducing to)
* you can't really tell if your spring -is- compressed or not (your suggestion of taking the top of the receiver assumes that the V2 mechbox has a window...not all V2 mechbox has that (but I guess, maybe you can use the port in the cylinder to tell)

I'd still recommend the proper way of changing the spring out. There may be other suggestions like use different ported cylinder, or change the inner barrel length, etc. but for a consistent and controlled manner of reducing FPS, spring's your best way.

Q
P.S. there's such thing as a FPS reducer that replaces your flash hider...yes it does reduce the power but it messes up your shots.
Yes Q, you're right. The best way is to switch out the sping. My method is for the lazy poor man.
Watch out for the military industrial complex. They are here to upgrade your guns!Big Grin
Well, chrono came in, and I get some strange readings, but it's still under 1J, something between 0.9 and 0.8 when I change the hopup.

It gets a slight different reading than usual with my other guns, so not sure if the calibration is perfect or just because things change.

In worst case scenario, if my gun is indeed above 1J, and I only realize that at Seals during the muzzle check, what would the staff say ? Would they freak out and call the cops, or understand it's a new Chinese gun and just tell me not to use it ? What's the limit to which they would start being very angry ?

Anyway, hopefully this won't happen, if I trust my current chrono... It's just good to be prepared.
we'll bring you care packages to jail, Ycare Big Grin
and ass bandages Wink
(upps, did I say that?)
The staff at SEALS won't do anything.

As long as they do the test and the chrono gives them a "sub 98m/s" reading then they are absolved of all responsibility.

If you've noticed, they don't even ask you what weight your BBs are. They don't even turn the hopup down. Just load in 0.25 like you normally do and roll with it. You're not over the limit, and even if you are, it is by an insignificant margin.

If you do somehow manage to get over 98m/s somehow. The most they will do is not let you use the gun. I have seen that ONCE on another field.
(11-06-2009, 10:02 PM)Ycare Wrote: Well, chrono came in, and I get some strange readings, but it's still under 1J, something between 0.9 and 0.8 when I change the hopup.

It gets a slight different reading than usual with my other guns, so not sure if the calibration is perfect or just because things change.

In worst case scenario, if my gun is indeed above 1J, and I only realize that at Seals during the muzzle check, what would the staff say ? Would they freak out and call the cops, or understand it's a new Chinese gun and just tell me not to use it ? What's the limit to which they would start being very angry ?

Anyway, hopefully this won't happen, if I trust my current chrono... It's just good to be prepared.

They are required to notify the police by law if your gun is over the limit. Don't do it! It makes us look bad!

I have no idea what happens after the police come... never seen it.

(12-06-2009, 01:24 AM)Ecthelion Wrote: The staff at SEALS won't do anything.

So far they haven't done anything. But when it happens they are offended (as I have seen). But you really shouldn't have your gun going over the limit anyway and it makes us look bad.
Well, thanks guys for the input, but it doesn't help me a little here... I wanna be sure if my chrono is accurate, so would have to test it at Seals, but if I'm wrong, then what ihatemystrat says... >_<
With 0.25, it for sure won't go above 0.98, but... I don't really think that's the point now, and don't wish to play with an overpowered rifle either.

Any other insight ?