Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Preliminary Review] AGM M4 GBB
I've had such a nightmare experience with the WA M4 that I am not sure if I even want to go to that dark place again...

But then again for a little over 100 USD... no, must control self...

Also I don't understand why anyone would pay the fortune for an Ares sniper rifle of any kind. Ares has no reputation, sniper rifles aren't all that useful especially if they're huge and bolt action. Sometimes I think that people just buy guns BECAUSE they're expensive.
Watch out for the military industrial complex. They are here to upgrade your guns!Big Grin
(04-06-2009, 03:49 PM)Ecthelion Wrote: I've had such a nightmare experience with the WA M4 that I am not sure if I even want to go to that dark place again...

But then again for a little over 100 USD... no, must control self...

Also I don't understand why anyone would pay the fortune for an Ares sniper rifle of any kind. Ares has no reputation, sniper rifles aren't all that useful especially if they're huge and bolt action. Sometimes I think that people just buy guns BECAUSE they're expensive.

U owned a WA M4? Didn't know!

Anyhow, about the sniper rifles, I don't think ppl want it 'cos it's expensive, I think ppl just want to own something different. Not everyone gets into airsoft for playing, some are just collectors.
Some people are also looking for "the one". It has taken me a few purchases and sales to find the best for my playing style, size, etc. I have discovered I am an MP7 guy for indoors and all about the M4 outside.
(04-06-2009, 06:05 PM)Q Wrote: Anyhow, about the sniper rifles, I don't think ppl want it 'cos it's expensive, I think ppl just want to own something different. Not everyone gets into airsoft for playing, some are just collectors.

Yeah them darn collectors with fat wallets!
hahahahah...... Well I guess Im going for the 180 USD G&P KAC URX body
(04-06-2009, 07:10 PM)dstole Wrote: Some people are also looking for "the one". It has taken me a few purchases and sales to find the best for my playing style, size, etc. I have discovered I am an MP7 guy for indoors and all about the M4 outside.
That's exactly how I am LOL

I just got my VFC SR16 and it is a beast of a gun. My little MP7 is still stock except the 8.4V battery that I jerry rigged to it. I will hold off on any upgrades till I get to HK.

But yeah, Q has a good point. Some people just want the collector piece.

But the WA M4... oh god, oh god no!
Watch out for the military industrial complex. They are here to upgrade your guns!Big Grin
How is this holding up Q?
Is this the one you got?
http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php...2_srch_AGM
Nah I didn't get that one...I got the 061 model (the carbine one). I have to admit that I spent more time modding that playing/shooting. Now I've got almost 2xGBB's - a rebuilt from scratch with misc components from Prime, RA-Tech, G&P, WA, ACM, Madbull, Dytac, Airsoft Surgeon parts....and an almost re-assembled AGM Big Grin.

I still need to get my Dremel back from Hawk to get my build-from-scratch GBB into shape.

Anarchy picked one up an AGM too.
Sorry to keep bringing this post back to life Q, but I have one more question for you...
On Redwolf airsoft's site they claim

"Note: The AGM M4 will NOT cycle properly whilst using HFC134a Gas. If still wish to use the HFC134a gases, please purchase Airsoft Surgeon's Super Lightweight Bolt."

And other sites have said that light weight bolt isn't a drop in and that it needs some modding.

How about yours? Have you used HFC134a or only propane? What kind of m/s are you getting?
Thanks.
I can no longer comment 'cos my AGM is no longer an AGM - it's more like "AGM pieces" Big Grin. My M4 concoction OTOH can cycle with HFC but that's with a RA-T NPAS.

I think Anarchy can comment 'cos his AGM is still in stock form.

I should add, there's something cheaper and more reliable (hearsay?) than the AGM now...it's the DBoys blowback. Granted it's plastic but apparently more reliable than the AGM.
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but thanks for the review, I just dropped some cash on a dirt cheap AGM, and I intend to work on it so as to have a reliable, usable GBBR.

My understanding is that the entire hopup / nozzle assembly needs to be replaced sooner or later.
Q, if I may ask, from where did you get your RATECH NPAS, and for how much?
Err...from RA-Tech Tongue? http://www.ratech.com.tw/

BTW, since this thread yrs ago, I think there are even cheaper clones than the AGM.
Q,

Quote:Err...from RA-Tech?
Fair enough Tongue

I've tried shopping from their site, but there's an error when their system hands over the payment process to PayPal, it hangs and then spits out an error message, and the funny thing is that the error message differs by language Huh

Japanese:
Code:
エラー - 次のメールテンプレートが存在しません。: /home/httpd/vhosts/ratech.com.tw/httpdocs/store/modules/paypal/mails/ja/error_reporting.txt

English:
Code:
AUTHORISATION TO PAYPAL FAILED
Please refer to logs:
PayPal response:
->
PayPal returned error

Also, the cheapest GBBR I could find in both the US and Japan was still AGM at this time. I couldn't find DBoys.

ATM I'm thinking I just might get a RATECH hopup nub and polymer NPAS assembly with the aluminum piston. I heard that plastic on plastic lasts longer than aluminium on aluminium.

Also, I'll be getting GHK mags from RATECH as well. Cheap, gucci and good quality I hear.

Thoughts? Any input would be much appreciated.

Also, do you use your WA/AGM M4 in games?[/quote]
Alternatively you can buy the RA-T NPAS from Air-Borne Shinjuku but it's more expensive (naturally).

GHK mags have poor cooldown if I remember. Recommend to research on GGI (GasGuns.Info).

Nope, I don't use my GBB's in games - I haven't tuned them to perform flawlessly (jams, overhops, and PITA to load BBs into mags).
I am a big fan of the KJWorks Tanio Koba M4. One of the best GBB out of the box. A bit more expensive, but you can use it in game from the day you buy it, and there is a great community of users that are supporting the system.

Cradle Airsoft makes a very easy to use power adjuster and other parts.
With a Daniel Defense rail and a custom cut tight bore barrel, it was the best feeling gun I have owned.
I sold mine to Ycare, and have regretted it ever since.

Might be an option for you if you want to field a GBB in game.