Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imports into Japan. Advise Please.
I really have no idea at this moment. Time will tell.
good to hear you will get one finally...
Got it. UPS finally delivered today. Lesson to be learned from this is;

Don't use UPS for shipping, and if you do, do not believe a word they say.

Thanks to all who offered advice and help, much appreciated.

Cheers all
I thought I'd share this with you guys since I've just come back from HK.

In the HK terminal gate, an announcement is made "Can Mr. Sean Chan please approach the desk at Gate XX". Upon turning up, the guy tells me that they've found my "guns" in my check-in and that they want me to open up my bag when it arrives. I told them they were toy gun parts.

30 mins later, I get called in, I go down into the tarmac and approach this van with my bag. The grab my passport and boarding pass, then tell me to wait until the police arrive. Two men with their MP5K's arrive and start talking in Cantonese then ask me to open up my bag. They begin searching and asking where I bought, how much I spent, what I was going to use them for, etc. In the end they were happy with my explanation and I asked one of the guys what this was all about (i.e. guns onboard flight, Japan side) and it turned out that it was more to do with an exporting of arms policy. Anyhow, I think I delayed the flight by about 10 mins.

When I arrive in Haneda, the customs check me....this little girl opens up my bag and pulls out my Madbull Noveske 10" free float and asked (pointing to the M4 receiver picture in the front) and I said "toy parts"..the then points to my receivers, barrel, stock, etc. and I keep saying "toy parts". Without any further or deeper question, she was happy...but she wanted to pat me down, naturally I didn't refuse ;-).

Quite a contrast in customs check isn't it? No I never needed to flash the certificate of power/J in the Tokyo side, but I did in HK.
Same happened to a buddy of mine flying from HK to Narita..... and the same happened with me from LAX to Narita. The customs guys seemed more interested in taking photos of each other with the toys.
Does anyone know what mail company Ehobbyasia uses? The reason i ask is i have a RS 56-2 sitting in customs for 3 days now, i shipped it express mail.

Thanks
Congress shall make no law
Respecting an establishment of religion
Or prohibiting the free exercice there of
Or abridging the freedom of speech
Or of the press
Or of the right of the people peacefully to assemble
And to petition the government for a re-dress of grievances
I was worried the first time as well, but all of my items have traditionally sat for 4-5 days. My Tanio Koba GBB M4 took 5 days to clear from ehobbyasia. If it has cleared by tomorrow/Monday I might get stressed. As I was told when I got jumpy...wait for it Smile

I just noticed that the real sword version is listed as shooting over 400 fps...is it gas or battery? This could potentially get held or denied if they test it ...not to add to you stress Wink

Weird, precision airsoft has it listed as 415 fps and Ehobby has it listed as 300. I wonder if ehobby is detuning the power for 1J markets?
dstole thanks, every time i have ordered from them or ebbaned everything showed in 4 days tops, to include customs. But this is the first time with a AEG.
Or of the press
dstole, package came in today, custom hit me with 1,300 yen tax "Not Complaining"
Or of the press
Yup, I am usually hit with the same thing.
I am curious what it chronos in at after the 2 different numbers on those 2 homepags.

Glad you got it Smile
Yeah same here, the only time the package was late from eHobby Asia, was when I ordered an AEG, with same 1,300 tax here too.
(06-02-2010, 04:06 PM)dstole Wrote: Yup, I am usually hit with the same thing.
I am curious what it chronos in at after the 2 different numbers on those 2 homepags.

Glad you got it Smile

I'll let you know what the chrono is, for got to get a battery for it (ddddaaaa).
Or of the press
:)
Kinda like to keep this alive, import tax has gone up Sad My Real Sword 97B came in last night, tax 2,300 yen, 100% increase from my last import.
Or of the press
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone imported a full rifle sized gun from HK recently? I'm thinking of it, but I wanna make sure the tax hasn't gonna up something crazy since the last time someone posted here.