Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tokyo Marui SOPMOD M4 Disassembly Guide
@anarchy
Question on the stock. Is that an original Magpul PTS stock? Did you make any modification for it to fit or it just slid in?
Just slid in. All standard TM M4 buffer tube type stocks will fit nicely.
@anarchy
I have another question... How did you manage the front wiring?

I managed to move the wiring to the front, but I had to remove the seemingly useless piece at the front of the mechbox to accomodate passage of the wires. It works, but my bolt stop mechanism doesn't work as well as before. It needs 2-3 shots more on semi to engage - if at all. And it reduces full auto to semi when the mag runs out.
Heya Hazard,

I played so much with customizing that i've managed to crack the mechbox beyond repair. Lucky thing that TM will ship you replacement parts for the SOPMOD.

You should be able to put the wiring to the front by tracing along the mechbox shell (it will pass over the bolt release lever) then proceed along the channels on the hop unit and thru the front of the receiver into the handguard area. The pathway is really designed for 2 low gauge wires so there might need to be some modification needed if one wants to put higher gauge wires or more wires for a MOSFET setup through. As for the Bolt stop, I didn't experience any changes in its operation (That is until the cracking incident)

Also I think all folks out there with SOPMODs will be happy to know that Laylax will be releasing reinforcement parts in March, plucking them out of the latest ARMS magazine:
- Trigger Lock Pin
- Nozzle
- Cylinder Head
- Piston Head
- Spring Guide
- Short One-piece Outer Barrel (April release)
@anarchy

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately my wires got stripped when I opened it the first time, so I'm now using wires I picked up at one of the shops in Akihabara (under the train tracks). The wire gauge is similar to that of the stock Tokyo Marui wires, but the insulation is thicker. Will try to rearrange the wires again, maybe when the cylinder head and nozzle is released. Good thing for that, the nozzle section seems to be a bit fragile because of the length. I hope they will come up with a piston and gear set soon.

Another thing, how do you order parts from Tokyo Marui? Direct or through shops? I might need to order some parts of my own sooner or later.
Ditto on the piston and gear set, however if you run close to stock settings (spring mainly) and keep it to a fair ROF, the stock parts should hold out quite well.

To order from TM, have a look on the last page of your gun's manual. For some parts, you'll have to do it directly with them (like in the case of the SOPMOD) and expect a rather lengthy turnaround time. I was told it takes about 2 weeks.
(01-03-2009, 08:04 PM)anarchy Wrote: Heya Hazard,

I played so much with customizing that i've managed to crack the mechbox beyond repair. Lucky thing that TM will ship you replacement parts for the SOPMOD.

You should be able to put the wiring to the front by tracing along the mechbox shell (it will pass over the bolt release lever) then proceed along the channels on the hop unit and thru the front of the receiver into the handguard area. The pathway is really designed for 2 low gauge wires so there might need to be some modification needed if one wants to put higher gauge wires or more wires for a MOSFET setup through. As for the Bolt stop, I didn't experience any changes in its operation (That is until the cracking incident)

Also I think all folks out there with SOPMODs will be happy to know that Laylax will be releasing reinforcement parts in March, plucking them out of the latest ARMS magazine:
- Trigger Lock Pin
- Nozzle
- Cylinder Head
- Piston Head
- Spring Guide
- Short One-piece Outer Barrel (April release)

Very Very good news!!
Enjoy!!
But don't have Piston for SOPMOD Sad
Managed to put humpty-dumpty back together again with Extreme-Fire's Cheetah Computer Mosfet :

[Image: 3355354945_261878700a.jpg?v=0]

As far as the Cheetah goes, it works fairly well (semi, 3-rd burst, full auto) but pulling 4 wires from the Mechbox to the front is a real pain. The battery source i'm using now is a Lipo (7.4V 18C 2500mAh, 2-cell separated configuration) which fits into the CASV handguard.

Pending issues to iron out :
- Bolt lock not engaging
- Protection for wiring from being shredded by magazine
Finally ironed out all issues. The trick is to make sure the wires are nice and snug to the mechabox shell without getting in the way of the bolt stop mechanism. I used a funky combination of thread and shrink tubing to get it to sit where it should. Will take some pictures the next time I open the thing up. Adding some more tan furniture produces the following result :

[Image: 3407017240_bea89f1184.jpg?v=0]
very sexy Wink
laylax parts are ready for sale can give the link?
Last I checked they were still on order, looks like their release is being delayed to sometime in April.
Looks like some parts are available.

The direct link doesn't work due to some katakana in the link.
Follow the following link and click on the middle of the page where it says SOPMOD
you will see 6 products barrels, nozzle, piston head etc.

http://www.laylax.com/
Yeap it's been advertised, but hasn't hit the stores i believe. At least not at Airborne, they received a circular it's coming in the middle of April.
Any picture links or instructions on how to detach inner barrel from hop-up unit?