Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tokyo Marui SOPMOD M4 Disassembly Guide
I think you've got a problem as there aren't any 3rd party piston makers for the Marui SOPMOD as of yet. You might need to order a replacement from Marui themselves...

The behaviour that the gun's bolt locks only after firing 1 shot on an empty magazine is the correct one. (This is to simulate that last "click" when firing on an empty magazine in real steel)
(11-02-2009, 01:49 AM)anarchy Wrote: I think you've got a problem as there aren't any 3rd party piston makers for the Marui SOPMOD as of yet. You might need to order a replacement from Marui themselves...

The behaviour that the gun's bolt locks only after firing 1 shot on an empty magazine is the correct one. (This is to simulate that last "click" when firing on an empty magazine in real steel)

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2441/imgp3927ru2.jpg

This is damage on my SOPMOD piston.

For bolt lock. Before I'm change spring when I insert empty Magazine bolt lock automatic no need to firing 1 shot on empty magazine.

1 More question, If i want to upgrade velocity to 370-380 fps. which parts i have to change. For spring i try to looking for spring same length original spring. I interest PDI 120%, 130% and 140% and inner barrel prometheus 6.03 363mm. and firefly soft type bucking.
All parts can be upgrade to sopmod or not and it'll make any damage on another parts of this gun?

Thank you
For now, my personal opinion is not to upgrade the Sopmod so much 'cos there aren't any reinforced 3rd party parts for it. And I experienced occasional lockups even with M100 springs. But if you do want to try anyway, you can start by changing the spring, bearing, and inner barrel. PDI springs are pretty weak actually so U may consider at least the 140% or higher. You're not going to find a 3rd party spring that's the same length as the original stock as the stock spring is actually shorter than usual (read lifes26's messages earlier in this thread).

Again, the Sopmod hasn't got any 3rd party reinforced and I think customising available V2-3 to suit into the Sopmod gearbox isn't going to be easy (do-able but time consuming).

Good luck Big Grin
Is it just me or is the metal tooth in the picture inserted the wrong way?
(12-02-2009, 10:50 AM)Hazard Wrote: Is it just me or is the metal tooth in the picture inserted the wrong way?

Oh You're right!! Thank you

But about basic upgrade for SOPMOD could you please translate to english. Because I'm not japanese guy.

Very big thank youBig Grin
Quick update on the external modification space :

With a G&P Delta Ring, the SOPMOD was able to take a King Arms CASV with no problems whatsoever. Moving the battery to the front allows one to put on any standard M4 AEG stock, seen here with a Magpul MOE.

[Image: 3284133819_d638be2354.jpg?v=0]
Here's the Sopmod with MB's DD AR-15 lite 9", Eotech 553, Magpul XTMs, KingArms PEQ15 (11.1V), MIAD grip and trigger guard.

MB's DD AR-15 lite pretty much installed with little problems...requires a little shimming to prevent wobble.

[Image: SopmodDD.jpg]
Is that the SOCOM Gear version?

And isn't an 11.1V LiPoly battery too much?
Yes it is. Guess Madbull resells them. The 11.1V is too much probably. I've actually not rewired yet...only just put the PEQ for looks at the moment.
What is your plan for upgrade velocity on this model?

Thank you.Tongue
http://www.tkoverkill.com/showthread.php...59#pid2859
(18-02-2009, 05:03 PM)Q Wrote: http://www.tkoverkill.com/showthread.php...59#pid2859

Thank you
Do you all have any news update about SOPMOD third party part??
None so far. Talked to the shops in HK too and none have heard anything. Won't be surprised if they wait for the Carbine version to come out first before finding 3rd party parts for TM EBB's. Look at this this way, the TM AK EBB's (AK74MN, etc.) have been out for a year and still no (or few) 3rd party parts for them.
Hi all
I have some question again lol.
I got damage on piston. So I try to looking for new piston for replace old one. Which one you recommend for replace. I knew SOPMOD piston is half teeth but it different from market piston half teeth. But i don't care blowback just want to replace new piston in to my gun.
Could you please suggest me for this?

PS, I interest to replace ICS Selective Integrated Rail System for M4. Is it suitable for SOPMOD or not?

Thank you
Hmmm...I don't know if U could just replace it with any piston. I think you'll just have to try 'cos no one here has tried it. Let us know the results!

P.S. same goes for the ICS Selective Integrated Rail System, something U have to try, don't think anyone here has ICS (except FarEast who seems to have everything)