Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games to play
Intro: In an on going effort to streamline the games during game day thought it would be a more productive if we discussed games that you would like to see in future games.

Current Games:
CTF
Kill 'em all
Handgun
VIP
BHD
Sniper Hunt
Diffuse the bomb
Hostage Rescue

Above is a list of games currently being played in most of our normal TKOverkill events. If you would like to add to the list for the next upcoming games please reply to this thread so that we can discuss with the wider audience the game type and scenario. This is simply an open forum to discuss possible games for inclusiong into future TKOverkill events.
Una Salus Victus
If scenario games can be presented and executed/played in a simple way, that's great. We definitely can do with more scenario games. A game with too many explanations/rules would confuse the n00bs and even some regular players (as we saw in Seals's Sept game with the medic introduction).

My opinion on another scenario :-
Diffuse the Bomb
Hostage Rescue

P.S. Note I do differentiate scenario and milsim.
Almost forgot about those games...added to the standard set of games.

scenario: For most of our standard events I agree that we can definitely do with some more scenario games, but such games are also dependent upon the field so I am thinking about compiling a DB of games and fields where games are playable so that we can easily draw up a list of games before game day. For scenario games I do think that we should try to adhere to the K.I.S.S. principle.

Milsim: I think that we can definitely entertain and look at more milsim type games but such games would definitely need to be thought out and planned ahead of time as such games tend to be more dependent on the field it is played in than most simpler and dynamic scenario games.
Una Salus Victus
CTF
Kill 'em all
Handgun
VIP (needs a time limit)
BHD
Sniper Hunt
Diffuse the bomb
Hostage Rescue
Hide the sausage

At first reading, I thougth we were talking about bedroom games and these looked familiar....ah to be young and single..... :lol:

I don't know what CTF, BHD, or diffuse the bomb are...VIP was fun, I liked "Find the ambush".

Scenario games are fun, like some of the upcoming skirmishes...would those be considered milsim?
Milsim = military manouvers

What Storm is trying to do is bring the ambience of Milsim to Airsofting.

As for the medic rule...I don't think that had anything to do with confusion about the rule, but more like down right cheating.
Funny. I thought I wrote a reply but it didn't appear Big Grin.

My definition of milsim (in no particular order) :-

* Stock weapons
* Standard uniforms (for same-team members)
* Limited ammo
* Rules of engagement before engaging
* Hits to armour don't count
* Hits to certain parts of body doesn't mean fatal
* Physical contact ok (i.e. knife kills allowed)
* and sure there's more....

Milsim and scenario may be different but not mutually exclusive. You can play a scenario game milsim, or non-milsim (i.e. scenario is a superset of milsim).

But in the interest of -fun- to cater for all variety ppls taste, I personally don't think we should play milsim. The only exception I would have to that is if we know -everybody- in the game/team and if -everyone- is up to it.
As for armour..... strikes to body arour would count.

Alot of people are brain washed by Hollywood that getting hit in the chest by a 5.56 or 7.62 round you'll just get up..... forget it ... around to your helmet will turn your brain to cabage soup, to the chest you'll suffer broken ribs internal bleeding and possibly cardiac arrest.

Those forces need to go some where and all the chest plates do is prevent the round from entering your body.

Either way your out of the fight. Most Milsim sights state that all hits are fatal unless a medic gets to within the alloted time or call out period.
Hmmm...wait, that's interesting though. My understanding that armour plates are able to withstand 5.56 (dunno about 7.62) but Kevlar wouldn't. Kevlar would hold out against 9mm? Both cases would result in momentarily loss of functionality by the victim and bruising, but doesn't necessarily mean a fatal blow. This would spin off another thread :p.

So guess in that case back to milsim, then stock gear would dictate calibre too. Unless you have a designated sniper, or whatever who would have different calibre.

Anyhow this would further enforce my personal opinion on steering away from milsim games due to the complexity.
FarEast Wrote:As for armour..... strikes to body arour would count.

Alot of people are brain washed by Hollywood that getting hit in the chest by a 5.56 or 7.62 round you'll just get up..... forget it ... around to your helmet will turn your brain to cabage soup, to the chest you'll suffer broken ribs internal bleeding and possibly cardiac arrest.

Those forces need to go some where and all the chest plates do is prevent the round from entering your body.

Either way your out of the fight. Most Milsim sights state that all hits are fatal unless a medic gets to within the alloted time or call out period.

Ever see that Youtube video...it was an Al Kaeda (sp?) sniper training video. They shoot a GI in the chest (chest armor) with an AK while taking the video, maybe 150 or 200 yards. Pretty close range for that round, lots of kinetic energy (unless the range was distorted by video zoom). They start to celebrate, but the GI gets up within 10 seconds and he runs for cover. Later, his team eliminate the sniper position and recover the video....31 seconds total video....

I'd guess that in this soldier's opinion, body armor rocks.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXMjh_XbkiI
you might want to see the statistics for head shot victims for where the round hit the helmet alot of them have brain damage.

if the guy was on guard duty then he would be wearing ballistic armour which is designed to do just that.....what we are wearing in games isn't.
FarEast Wrote:you might want to see the statistics for head shot victims for where the round hit the helmet alot of them have brain damage.

if the guy was on guard duty then he would be wearing ballistic armour which is designed to do just that.....what we are wearing in games isn't.

Agreed with you about helmets. But...errr..my response back was about armour plates :-D.
I replied to that regarding ballistic plates and armour plates.....we are wearing CIRAS and other armour plates used for CQC combat and like I said will not protect you fully from the forces of a round fired at you.
FarEast Wrote:
Quote:you might want to see the statistics for head shot victims for where the round hit the helmet alot of them have brain damage.

I replied to that regarding ballistic plates and armour plates.....we are wearing CIRAS and other armour plates used for CQC combat and like I said will not protect you fully from the forces of a round fired at you.

Wait, so your comment about "statistics for head shot victims" is about helmets right? Not about body armour?

My response was in response to your response :-

Quote:
FarEast Wrote:As for armour..... strikes to body arour would count.

Hmmm...wait, that's interesting though. My understanding that armour plates are able to withstand 5.56 (dunno about 7.62) but Kevlar wouldn't. Kevlar would hold out against 9mm? Both cases would result in momentarily loss of functionality by the victim and bruising, but doesn't necessarily mean a fatal blow. This would spin off another thread :p.
Seraphein Wrote:That video was interesting, but I wonder where the bullet actually hit. He might just as well have been graced by it...

When the man was shot and the video was originally recovered, this played rather prominently on CNN and other news channels. It was definitely a full frontal shot into the chest. The distance was somewhere between 150 to 200 meters. The rest of the GI's crew got right on the case and eliminated the sniper team.

I don't remember any other details....Here's an excerpt from a military blog site:

"The video tape was taken from captured terrorist scum in Iraq - you've got to watch it. The footage was recorded by a terrorist sniper team (who were later captured by coalition forces, hence, we have the tape). It just came out of a briefing in Iraq in the last few days. In it, a Soldier takes a hit from a sniper square the chest - it knocks him right on his back, but the guy gets right back up again, aiming his rifle. It's amazing how fast he is back up on his feet; looking for a target. The best part is to hear the terrorists' voices in the clip. It's such a riot to listen to them chanting "Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!" and then when the kid gets back up again, they're like '...huh? WTF just happened?!'" UPDATE: Original post pointing here comes from my main blog JACK ARMY"
Sean I've actually had ballisitcs training and part of that training covers body armour and ballistic armour breifing.

In the training we are told to forget all about what you see in Hollywood as plate carriers are only designed to stop the actual bullet from entering your body in the key vital areas.

They explained it like a car crash..... in in some instances injuries are very much the same .....internal bleedinig broken bones and so on. IF you take a round to the right side of the chest it can actually induce cardiac arrest. The guy in the video is part of a humvee group these guys are either rolling patrols or checkpoints which means they wear a totally different armour to what assualt teams do.

As the majority of people wear plate carriers in game most milsim sites will count strikes to the body as a hit.

Having watched the video several times it is clearly evident from the plate and collar when viewed from the back that the solider in the video is wearing Interceptor Body armour, these with the additional inserts will stop 7.62 rounds. If this guy was a recent draft to Iraq he might also be wear the MTV which is an improvement on the IBA.