Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Western Arms sellers / Replacement parts?
I've been working on a WA clone gun from China, and found that it won't cycle HFC134a gas properly (it was made for Top gas and propane). I was wondering if anyone knows where to go to get WA parts, I'm looking for a new buffer spring and maybe bolt carrier that will hopefully cycle HFC134a properly. Echigoya doesn't seem to sell default replacement parts, and all the online parts seem to be tuned for propance/top gas.
From WA of course :-). In Shibuya. Go up to the 4th floor. However note that WA parts are very much like pot metal (i.e. don't expect CNC).

U're building a WA M4 I assume? Those need lots of work.
(17-05-2012, 07:14 PM)Q Wrote: From WA of course :-). In Shibuya. Go up to the 4th floor. However note that WA parts are very much like pot metal (i.e. don't expect CNC).

U're building a WA M4 I assume? Those need lots of work.

Can I just walk in? Is it a proper store, or is it like an office where I can place an order? It's a WA clone, but yeah, definitely a project gun. Having fun though, definitely a whole new world when it comes to GBBRs.
It's a store. 4th floor is their service desk (spare parts). Note that they may not have everything and you may have to order. Next place is Air-Borne in Shinjuku.

I built (and am still building! Welll, not really, it's sorta shelved) the M4 a few years back. Still not entirely smooth, esp the racking and the BB feed part.
(17-05-2012, 08:11 PM)Q Wrote: I built (and am still building! Welll, not really, it's sorta shelved) the M4 a few years back. Still not entirely smooth, esp the racking and the BB feed part.

Pretty much the same situation here. The bolt just doesn't travel far enough back to reset the switch and load another BB. Hoping a softer spring might alleviate the issue.
If you're up for it some time, we can compare my M4 and yours.
ORGA has been spending alot of time working on gas guns recently. He might be able to help you out Drifter.
Some of this stuff may help, or even asking him to get it up and running might be possible.

http://orga-inc.jp/products/list.php?category_id=102
(17-05-2012, 08:37 PM)GingaNinga Wrote: ORGA has been spending alot of time working on gas guns recently. He might be able to help you out Drifter.
Some of this stuff may help, or even asking him to get it up and running might be possible.

http://orga-inc.jp/products/list.php?category_id=102
Seconded, both he and Air-borne helped smoothen my racking (for a fee naturally). But Orga forgot to help fix my hop-up Big Grin. NP, easy fix.
Cool, thanks for the advice guys, gonna mess with it myself a little longer, then get a pro to tear it apart and see what's up. Having fun so far:

[Image: IMG_20120517_222225.jpg]
Nice looking!! Well done! Anyhow, as before, I'm free anytime so I can bring my build and we can mess around. It'll get to a point where the messing requires some serious tooling, that's when Air-Borne and Orga can come in.
Looks great man!
Yeah, very tastefully done, Drift.
"Lets just all hug and shoot something!"
-WiskieTango