Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta Project (by PTS) Masada GBB Conversion Kit
Thought this project had faded away, but looks like those with Masadas can get their GBB on finally if they so choose:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/beta-project-...earth.html

Thoughts? I've fiddling with the idea of getting into gas guns, although this would fall into the pricier side of things. Doesn't seem to come with a mag, although I guess the GBB PMAG's they released last year would fit.
Yeah I saw the video from eHobby. Quite a bit of fiddling. i.e. not something that you can swap quickly on the field. Initially I thought it'd be good to have 1xweapon that could be used for summer (GBB) and winter (AEG). But it's not that quick a swap.
(26-04-2012, 12:51 AM)Q Wrote: I thought it'd be good to have 1xweapon that could be used for summer (GBB) and winter (AEG). But it's not that quick a swap.

Yeah same, it's definitely not something I'd want to do at a game site, few too many parts that could get lost, unless you had a nice big clean space to yourself. Still, nice to see they finished the project after talking about it so long ago. Hopefully the PDR they showed off at Shotshow this year isn't far behind.
Are they serious?! It's basically a whole different airsoft gun, you only get to keep the very skeleton of the upper receiver, the hand guard and the stock... this is ridiculous.
(26-04-2012, 01:42 PM)Ycare Wrote: Are they serious?! It's basically a whole different airsoft gun, you only get to keep the very skeleton of the upper receiver, the hand guard and the stock... this is ridiculous.

Yeah, I was imagining something along the lines of GHK's M4 box conversion, which is about $100 with a mag. That said, this does have an open bolt function, which I imagine was pricey to engineer and include. For the price though, you could almost buy a decent GBBR from them also.
It is now released based on this post:

http://www.airsoft2day.com/news/865-beta...eased.html