Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magpul Ranger Plate + TM EBB Mags
FYI, NOT compatible. Been there, tried it, absolutely no way, not even with some modding, it's vowed to complete failure.

Damn the wrong description on the website "compatible with Tokyo Marui magazine", definitely NOT the EBB ones... Now I'm left trying to return those. Sad

Sorry buddy, it's not April fools yet, so not sure what you're talkin about there.
It's all in the title Smile

The Tokyo Marui magazine labelled "new generation" for M4 and SCAR-L EBB are not compatible with the Magpul PTS Ranger Plate for 5.56 mag types. The Magpul description gives the ranger plates (like in the link below) compatible with Tokyo Marui, but it's not the case with the new mags.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/ai..._Earth.htm

I'm sharing the info since I'm easily assuming that some people might not be happy with the default TM mag for their EBB and might want to "customize" it a bit. Unfortunately Ranger Plates are not an option...
I must say I'm lost with this thread too...and clicking on the redwolf link now comes up with a blank page on both Chrome & Safari. Still no idea what this thread's about.
Hmm, was wondering about this myself. I remember eyeing them in Echigoya when I loaded up on the EBB mags, but ended up just using the old rubber cover magpuls instead. It's a shame, because the Ranger Plates would be a much cooler option.
Well at least Drifter understood! I can't really make it clearer than what I wrote:
"The Tokyo Marui magazine labelled "new generation" for M4 and SCAR-L EBB are not compatible with the Magpul PTS Ranger Plate for 5.56 mag types. "

And since Redwolf's link isn't cooperative, try this one:
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-pts-ra...-3pcs.html
There seems to be a "hi cap" option one which might have the system right, but not sure about the placement of the screw...
Wait, what's this thread about? Goddamn it Ycare, learn to speak English. Wink
"Lets just all hug and shoot something!"
-WiskieTango
Ycare - I'm no gunsmith, but I got Magpul Ranger Plates to fit onto Tokyo Marui EBB mags at least 14 times - proof in the pictures:

http://www.tkoverkill.com/showthread.php...6#pid14796

What issue exactly are you running into?
Wait what?! How? There is nothing holding the BB feeding system of the mag without a screw holding it to the bottom plate! The ranger plates I have have a little plastic base, where nothing can be screwed to, and then the rubber grip, which similarly has nothing to screw to.

Are you sure you have EBB mags? Not the old gen of TM AEG?
I see now - the link you sent in your more recent post is for standard ranger plates - you need to get the other versions - I think my ranger plates were High-Cap versions, as they have a slot / opening for the high-cap winding gear to fit through...
Ahhh, goddamit, so I need to get the hicap version... Alright, thanks for that, at least I know now what to get. Still need to return the standard >_<
Lol Big Grin...the non-tech Chaos outdoes the tech ;-)!!
Sweet, good to know. Might grab me some now that I know which ones fit.
(31-03-2012, 07:57 PM)Q Wrote: Lol Big Grin...the non-tech Chaos outdoes the tech ;-)!!

Meh, I don't care as long as it's helpful Smile

Thanks Chaos, now I know what to get!