Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting a MOE or MIAD grip on a Tokyo Marui SCAR ?
I know this has come up in other threads, but I was wondering if anyone has heard or seen someone mod a Magpul grip onto a TM SCAR yet? With the guns out for awhile now, I was wondering if any custom shops out there had done the work, or maybe someone posted something on Japanese blog. It's pretty much the last thing I want to mod on it now, and if someone has the skill and tools, I'm willing to pay.
I asked echigoya's master tuners and they tried to do it but apparently it won't fit. even with their years of experience and lots of modifications it didn't work.

You best bet is wait for aftermarket grips made specially for TM Scar. Sorry to burst your bubble!
(29-02-2012, 12:06 PM)lifes26 Wrote: I asked echigoya's master tuners and they tried to do it but apparently it won't fit. even with their years of experience and lots of modifications it didn't work.

You best bet is wait for aftermarket grips made specially for TM Scar. Sorry to burst your bubble!

Thanks for the info, I guess the motor alignment is just too different in the grips. I hope someone molds a new one, not even necessarily a Magpul one. just want something with a higher backstrap to fill in some of the space at the back of the grip like a MOE does.
Photos after the user manual :-

http://www.tkoverkill.com/showthread.php?tid=1289

As you can see, that's a pretty severe mod you'll need to make to get the MIAD to fit onto the SCAR.
(29-02-2012, 06:24 PM)Q Wrote: Photos after the user manual :-

http://www.tkoverkill.com/showthread.php?tid=1289

As you can see, that's a pretty severe mod you'll need to make to get the MIAD to fit onto the SCAR.

Yeah, I used your pics and some real life photos to try and think about how it could be done. Judging from Life26's comments, the grips are just too different I guess. I really hope Magpul PTS or someone releases a grip that will fit.