Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next EBB by Tokyo Marui?
Hey guys, just a quick question to know if anyone has any insight on what might be the next EBB from Tokyo Marui?

I really enjoyed playing with my TM M4 SOCOM the other day, and only struggled with the new PMAGs which clearly aren't a good fit for the M4, so I was considering getting a bunch of TM's EBB mag so to regain the bolt lock function as well. Since it wouldn't be cheap and I hate wasting money, I'm planning to stick to the TM's EBB for a while longer, maybe getting a second one, but until now it's only RECCEs, SOPMOD ans SCARs. I'm really wishing for a Bushmaster ACR, but I don't think it will happen.

So, anyone has any idea or heard any rumour?

Thanks guys!
Not sure we'll see one anytime soon. The SCAR was probably a pretty resource heavy R&D project, and probably done because they could squeeze 4 guns out of it (16 and 17 in Tan and Black). I imagine we'll see more variations on their current line before a new one comes out. The ACR would be interesting, but I'm not sure if TM wants to deal with the hassle of trying to do a quick change barrel and the possibility of the legal headache with Bushmaster/Remington. Maybe when the Remington military focused ACR comes out that, apparently it removes the quick change functionality. I personally dream of recoil M14, with a heavy ass weight for some serious kick. Maybe in an EBR.

Oh, and Ycare, which PMAGs are you using? Is it the M-Type or newer slimmer EMAGs? I have the M-Types, and with the Laylax Ambi mag catch, they slot in and hold pretty well, with just a slight wobble side to side. Still get feeding all the way through the mag and no accidental mag drops.
The old PMAGs are fine, the problem are with the new version (M-Type? I forgot), which falls by itself from the recoil when shooting. If I add more tape inside the magwell to keep the mag tighter, then the older PMAGs can't fit in anymore... I think I'd just need a beter mag catch but couldn't find one, so then I started thinking about TM mags and my thoughts went to investing into TM EBBs basically.

The Laylax Ambi mag is "deeper" than the stock one? No compatibility issue with the TM EBB?
(16-02-2012, 09:17 PM)Ycare Wrote: The old PMAGs are fine, the problem are with the new version (M-Type? I forgot), which falls by itself from the recoil when shooting. If I add more tape inside the magwell to keep the mag tighter, then the older PMAGs can't fit in anymore... I think I'd just need a beter mag catch but couldn't find one, so then I started thinking about TM mags and my thoughts went to investing into TM EBBs basically.

The Laylax Ambi mag is "deeper" than the stock one? No compatibility issue with the TM EBB?

This Ambi catch is specifically made for M4 EBB's, you can check it out here: http://laylax.wn.shopserve.jp/SHOP/4560329176436.html

And here's a picture inside my mag well, as you can see the mag catch extends in a few degrees more than the standard one, which is more or less flush.

[Image: th_IMG_20120216_221651.jpg]

Like I said, you still get some lateral wobble, but I've emptied clips with no drops. Maybe if you got real violent and were running around shaking the gun on full auto, it might come out, but it would be rare. Pulled on it with a solid amount of force, but the mag is in there good.

Back to the thread topic though, I actually could imagine yet another M4 variant or something. They obviously have their factories tooled for RECCE/SOPMOD rifle manufacturing now that the stock is flowing again. Maybe a new CQB style gun with a Diablo front end, which might make sense considering their relationship with Madbull.

Looking at recent hobby shows though, they haven't shown an molds to indicate a new model in production, even in the early stages. Doesn't rule out a stealth project though.
I have heard talk of a couple models...
H&K 416 because it was used by Seal Team 6, and is enjoying a surge in popularity. There is also speculation that the MP5 or M14 might get it as they are the only models that haven't been upgraded in a while. I would be all for an M14!
(16-02-2012, 11:15 PM)GingaNinga Wrote: I have heard talk of a couple models...
H&K 416 because it was used by Seal Team 6, and is enjoying a surge in popularity. There is also speculation that the MP5 or M14 might get it as they are the only models that haven't been upgraded in a while. I would be all for an M14!

Man, I would drop serious cash for an M14 EBR or even better, one with the new Troy style chassis. That said, an HK416 would make sense, since it would only require a front end change and changing the markings on the side. That might require retooling though, since I think all current EBB M4s have the Colt markings pressed on the left side.

MP5 could be interesting, but it's already a pretty tight package in the frame. Would probably have to be a solid stock deal.
Thanks Drifter, just need to try finding that item available somewhere since it seems out of stock on your link.

An HK416 would indeed be awesome and a sure buy from me. I'm still a bit tempted by having a set of TM mags so to regain the bolt catch. Surely sounds useful to know when you run out of BBs. But at the same time it's quite expensive to get ~8 mags... dilemma ^^
The TM Mags are only 1800 yen each... it would cost you less than, say, 100 roses Smile
As much as I don't need another gun, an M14 EBR with heavy recoil would be very very tempting.
"Lets just all hug and shoot something!"
-WiskieTango
is it possible to buy just the gearbox? if so, where can i get one?
(17-02-2012, 10:58 AM)wezley75 Wrote: is it possible to buy just the gearbox? if so, where can i get one?

I had to search on yahoo auctions for one, as TM generally will not sell it separately. It's probably cheaper to buy a SOCOM EBB and work from there if you want a custom gun, as so many of the other parts are also proprietary (stock tube, receiver, barrel, weight system, hop-up etc...).
I've been hoping for HK416 for quite some time now. I have the GBB and the Hurricane 416. Since umarex is givng out licenses I wish they would make one with full license.