Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping Your Magazines Warm?
So, I'll be going to DSK this Saturday, and I'm curious to know if anybody has come across a really good way of keeping their mags warm.

i've always stuck them between my vest, and my chest - where it gets super toasty before a game... but once you're in game, it's pretty difficult to keep them warm.

*I'm also not going to buy a magazine warmer thing, cuz that's takin' it way too far.

anyways, if you have any amazing ideas, let me know!
What's the benefit in keeping a mag warm, if I may ask?
He means gas mags, obviously it doesn't make any sense for non gas ones. Smile
I genuinely thought that the game evolved without me.
Just wondering... is it rifle magazine or pistol magazine?

If it's a rifle magazine, maybe you can buy a hand warmer at 100 yen shop and tape it around the mag... it will add some bulk but should keep it warm

for pistol magazine... hmmm... maybe you can use hand warmer as well...
yup, i agree with Adi, Hokairo works.
I was fiddling with the idea of getting into gas guns and looking at small battery powered hand warmers. Found one called the "ECO Kairo" which goes for about 1000yen, is palmed sized and runs on 2 AA batteries at 45 degrees for an estimated 3-4 hours. I figure you could keep them in a decent sized pouch and get the mags nice and warm. I like the idea of a reusable heat source, and they have practical use outside airsoft.
You can get battery powered warmed magazine pouches at Echigoya. I have also used Hokairo. I saw a dude at a game with a small hot carpet that he would plug in and use to wrap his mags during the break. With the games only being 15-20 minutes at DSK, you should be OK if they are warmed up and then tucked away. It will also depend on which mags you are using (pistol, metal, plastic) as some are much netter at retaining heat than others.

Hope to see you on Saturday Zero.
Here is the category on Echigoya's home page... aptly called "magazine warmers."

http://echigoya-tokyo.jp/products/list.p...ory_id=250
(26-01-2012, 01:35 AM)Drifter Wrote: Found one called the "ECO Kairo" which goes for about 1000yen, is palmed sized and runs on 2 AA batteries at 45 degrees for an estimated 3-4 hours.

I've seen ones like that that charge using a usb. Might be better than using AAs, unless you're using rechargeable batteries.
"Lets just all hug and shoot something!"
-WiskieTango
(26-01-2012, 10:04 AM)ThunderMidget Wrote:
(26-01-2012, 01:35 AM)Drifter Wrote: Found one called the "ECO Kairo" which goes for about 1000yen, is palmed sized and runs on 2 AA batteries at 45 degrees for an estimated 3-4 hours.

I've seen ones like that that charge using a usb. Might be better than using AAs, unless you're using rechargeable batteries.

I usually use rechargeable batteries, and it's a little easier to swap out batteries while in the field. That said, those heated mag carriers Ginga showed look kinda cool, but they're all sold out at the moment.
GBB spend a lot of gas, so cooldown fastly, in spite of we warm it by several way in a field, you know, I tried those method, but I think the best way is we don't use GBB handguns, use EHG. or fixed slide non GBB hand gun will better in winter.
When use it, for me too, is warm it in the hip poket during you are at safety zone.
If mention about GBB assult rifle , it's impossible without CO2 gas or air tank.
This is just my opinion.
Sometimes, hard running, Oftentimes slow mover