Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there any local fields in my area?
Hello,

New to Japan, and settled in the Tachikawa area, which is in the western outskirts of Tokyo. I was wondering if there are any fields here, on the west side of the city. Furthermore, I was wondering if there are any active players in my vicinity, and how I can go about joining these chaps by attending public events.

Looking forward to any word in return. Thanks a ton!
My guess would be that Desert Storm Kawagoe is the closest field to you... know that field?
(22-01-2012, 07:03 AM)Zero Wrote: My guess would be that Desert Storm Kawagoe is the closest field to you... know that field?

I do now, thanks!

Would you know how I could find out when public games are being held?
(22-01-2012, 08:13 AM)Castleheart Wrote:
(22-01-2012, 07:03 AM)Zero Wrote: My guess would be that Desert Storm Kawagoe is the closest field to you... know that field?

I do now, thanks!

Would you know how I could find out when public games are being held?

Most Japanese fields post up public games on their schedule, usually they hold them on Saturdays and Sundays. Here's the one for Desert Strom:

http://www.desertstorm-kawagoe.com/reser...index.html
Thank you! Just a follow up question:

I can only roughly translate "(昼)デザートストーム川越定例会" to some sort of public day, but does this mean that I can show up to this field on the days that this description is posted on their calendar, pay the entry charge of 3000yen, and play all day?
(22-01-2012, 09:16 AM)Castleheart Wrote: Thank you! Just a follow up question:

I can only roughly translate "(昼)デザートストーム川越定例会" to some sort of public day, but does this mean that I can show up to this field on the days that this description is posted on their calendar, pay the entry charge of 3000yen, and play all day?

Pretty much, most public day games run from about 10am to 5pm, but it will vary a bit from field to field, as will rules. Make sure to always check the site for rules like BB type, FPS and saftey.
Thank you for the clarification!
Drifter, can you further clarify this for me?

It says here, on the Q&A page, that one must book in advance in order to rent guns and equipment:

http://www.desertstorm-kawagoe.com/qanda/index.html

Would you be able to tell me how I would go about making gun reservations? Please forgive me, I'm unable to find an English translation for the entire page. Confused
Hey Castleheart,
Welcome to TKO.

For renting gear at DSK you wold need to use the contact link to email them about it. The contact link is the 5th dog tag down.
If you use google translate the form looks pretty good (in that it makes sense when translated).

http://www.desertstorm-kawagoe.com/contact/index.html

Although not perfect, this should get you by...

いつもお世話になります。
[DATE]の定例会に行きますがレンタルが必要です。
装備一式 X 3
ゴーグル X 2

よろしくお願いします。

Hello,
I am going to the game on the [Date] and I ned some rentals.
I need
- Full set X 3
- Goggle X 2

Thank you.

Just copy and paste from their rental page for what you really need.

If you do reserve gear though, make sure you go. I always find it's easy to bail on a public game because I usually don't know the group that is there, but if I have made a rental request it is best to head out.

I live close by, so let me know if you plan on going.

There are a few other fields as well.
BLAM is an indoor field that does night games during thee weekday until midnight. 21:00 - 24:00 for 1,000 yen!
Code 7 has opened up, but it is a bit of a trip out there if you don't have a car.

I have a map of fields that I have been to that you can find on google...
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=2176...gplus-ogsb

Maybe something on there is close.

Welome again. Hope to see you on the field.
Thank you sincerely for the info. I just replied to your PM.
There's a public game this Sunday. I assume you're living on Yokota too.

If you want to go out let me know. Ill be there with my girl, I can let youborrow gear and or a rifle.
(08-02-2012, 03:18 PM)Wraith Wrote: There's a public game this Sunday. I assume you're living on Yokota too.

If you want to go out let me know. Ill be there with my girl, I can let youborrow gear and or a rifle.

Where at, DSK?

I have guns and equipment, and I myself and some mates may be interested. PM me, will ya?