Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICS M4 problems - Can anyone help?
Hi Guys,

I've had this ICS M4 at the back of my closet for a long time because I just haven't had the time.

I'm really not sure of the problem with it and I am usually pretty good when it comes to opening AEGs up and fixing them.

I've had a good look inside at the gears and the piston. I've also tried tightening the motor to bring it closer to the gears.

Have a look at this video. (The sound is pretty poor because i was using my phone). Basically, when i pull the trigger it sounds a lot like the gears are turning, catching the piston, pulling it all the way back (I know this because it actually fires fine), but then it seems like the gears continue turning for an extra 1/2 turn or so.

Has anyone had anything like this?
[Image: Camouflage3.jpg]
I used to have one and I think the problem is the anti-reversal latch. My ICS M4 broke the anti-reversal latch twice. What"s happening is that after you fire, the gears roll back since the anti-reversal latch is not engaging anymore.

This is what you need: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ics-anti-reversal-lever.html

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a shop who have them in stock.
Thank you lifes26! Actually I think the part is fine but maybe incorrectly placed. I will open her up and have a look. Will let you know.
[Image: Camouflage3.jpg]