Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ycare's TM M4 EBB Upgrades
That's beginning to look more like a sport setup rather than a military setup. Interesting though.
(12-08-2012, 11:22 PM)Q Wrote: That's beginning to look more like a sport setup rather than a military setup. Interesting though.

Yeah, starting to look like an IPSC race gun or something, buy I am digging the dimpled barrel. Does it come in black?
IPSC race gun? Oh come on, that's insulting here :p

Yeah comes in black too, but the silver dimpled barrel isn't too much in itself. It looks very bright and shiny in the pic but live it doesn't make such a big difference with the monolithic silver I had before. Black dimpled wouldn't be much visible at all to be honest.

I think what irks you guys is the black/silver contrasts and design of the flash hider. I must admit I'd thought it'd look different, I'll probably try it out with a plainer and flat black one instead later.
(13-08-2012, 07:59 AM)Ycare Wrote: I think what irks you guys is the black/silver contrasts and design of the flash hider. I must admit I'd thought it'd look different, I'll probably try it out with a plainer and flat black one instead later.

Yeah, that flash hider is pretty shiny, but I'm starting to like the more aggressive looking dual port brakes (I have a surefire MB556K style one on mine right now). Not sure if you wanna mess up a new piece of kit, but one person I saw at a game had a shiny flash hider, and he'd used some kind of dark paint on it. Gave it a scorched carbon build up look, like the gun had been used a lot.

Overall, still a pretty sweet looking gun!
Just my opinion but seems too many shades of "almost the same colour but not". So yes the shiny flash hider and the matted silver barrel & the different shades of tan/brown earth/bronze. i don't mind a silver barrel as that's what I've got for one of my M4s myself for my GBB (http://www.tkoverkill.com/showthread.php...4#pid10204).

Out of curiosity, did you use the same brand for the different grip, stock, AFG, MBUS, etc? I think you may have different shades there.

Just my 2 yen worth.
Ycare - can you upload a standard side view (both sides) please? Would be nice to see the full setup straight on.
(12-08-2012, 08:59 PM)Ycare Wrote: All fits very nicely, a hell of an airsoft gun. Super accurate and a pleasure to shoot.

Does this mean you did something to overcome the power issues you were having? Or have you just learned to live with it?
Seems like my velocity checking device isn't as accurate as I was hoping when using rechargeable batteries. All checks on fields I did put the gun at 0.96~0.97 J. so super spot on. It seems like adding a tight bore barrel just gave it the extra 0.1J allowed by TM.
(13-08-2012, 02:40 PM)Q Wrote: Out of curiosity, did you use the same brand for the different grip, stock, AFG, MBUS, etc? I think you may have different shades there.

Just my 2 yen worth.

No problem Q!

The latest pictures are really enhancing the contrasts, if you check page 1 you will see it fits very nicely overall. In daylight, you can't tell the difference of colors between the different DE. MBUS, Stock and RIS grip are all same magpul while pistol grip is King Arms and dummy PEQ from TM, but again, you can't tell the difference. The Surefire light is maybe ever a bit off but hey, Surefire... And the flat DE of the Eotech is magpul like, only the slightly goldish hood and levers are off. But again... Eotech Smile
Ah, and since I know the "it's the pictures" excuse sounds lame, here are some others (prior to barrel swap), courtesy of Ghost ^^

[Image: 1342534691591.jpg]

[Image: 1342484766080.jpg]

Edit: Sorry Chaos, missed the part about the straight shots. Will do that tomorrow.
There you go Chaos:

[Image: DSC_0212.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0215.jpg]