Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Act of Valor - Navy SEALs movie
Interesting idea here, movie says that it uses real active duty SEALs as the actors, and real mission types and tactics. Can't be any worse that "Navy SEALS" with Charlie Sheen.

Hmm.... This definitely looks like a recruiting ad for US Navy.... let's just hope they make a good movie from this(like Top Gun)...
If you guys get a chance to watch this somehow, I'd say go for it. Not great acting (since afterall, it's not their primary career), however worth a viewing.
It's out June 22 in Japan, so you can catch it then. Think you can order the DVD/BD off Amazon US now though.
Yup, it's pretty good and the action is pretty well done.

I'm still not impressed as of why they used fake hollywoodian explosions with lot of flames instead of more realistic ones (remember the car blowing up from the RPG?), but whatever, everything else being quite spot on, it was a change for once.
The acting was subpar, but above average for non professional actors.
This has got to be such a good advertisement for Tokyo Marui. Wonder what Lt Cmdr Rorke's thinking..."This feels like cast !" :-

http://www.japantoday.com/category/pictu...t-of-valor

[Image: Unokanda.jpg]
(22-06-2012, 09:57 AM)Q Wrote: This has got to be such a good advertisement for Tokyo Marui. Wonder what Lt Cmdr Rorke's thinking..."This feels like cast !" :-

Looking a little uncomfortable, but it might just be the photo. That said, the movie has succeeded beyond everyones expectations, and I was reading an article that some people in the Navy were actually worried about the exposure.