Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CO2 GBB Under legal limit
(14-10-2011, 07:50 PM)GingaNinga Wrote: Ah, is that what they use for paint ball? I have never played.

Really? How long did you live in Canada? Tongue Most people that take paintball seriously seemed to use that style of rig, I usually rented so I just used a default setup, and it was a little obtrusive at times with the heavy tank sticking out of the the grip. Should do some research because it is a good way to carry a lot of gas without lots of cartridges.
Thanks guys, but yeah, I definitely don't want a tube sticking out of the GBB going to a tank. There are plenty of cheap 16g CO2 cartridge that can so easily be fit into a rifle or GBB mag, I'm sure there is a way to figure this out, and finally have THE awesome GBB always usable indifferent of weather.
Oh sorry. The guys at cimax had unmodded canisters, and guns clearly designed to take CO2 canisters like these: http://www.mikefoleyfieldsports.com/prod...3_zoom.jpg

While CO2 would rock for the winter, i can imagine people would keep using it in the summer for extreme efficiency, which would suck.

CO2 is stupidly powerful, and is one of the reasons i hated Airsoft in america.
Fun Fact: 500 fps is all thats needed for a 6mm bb to pierce human skin, and CO2 provides 450 at the lowest.
King of Questions
(15-10-2011, 08:46 PM)Vorpalbunnie Wrote: and CO2 provides 450 at the lowest.

That's completely arbitrary though, it all depends on the amount of CO2 released with one strike, the efficiency of the valves, on the chamber, and on seals everywhere. It's like saying "dynamite can blow up an entire building", sure, the correct amount can, it all depends on how much you use.

If a proper GBB was designed to get under 350fps with a CO2 cartridge, then you'd have no problem.

You can equally pierce skin with an AEG or HFC GBB, it all depends on the springs and amount of gas used to propelled.

(16-10-2011, 12:43 AM)Ycare Wrote:
(15-10-2011, 08:46 PM)Vorpalbunnie Wrote: and CO2 provides 450 at the lowest.

That's completely arbitrary though, it all depends on the amount of CO2 released with one strike, the efficiency of the valves, on the chamber, and on seals everywhere. It's like saying "dynamite can blow up an entire building", sure, the correct amount can, it all depends on how much you use.

If a proper GBB was designed to get under 350fps with a CO2 cartridge, then you'd have no problem.

You can equally pierce skin with an AEG or HFC GBB, it all depends on the springs and amount of gas used to propelled.

technically yeah, but im using general terms, as many CO2 pistols come from america, and in america, fps is usually valued (stupidly).

More often then not, a vanilla CO2 pistol was designed for high velocities.
King of Questions
Agreed, and this is where my hopes are of a maker actually designing a GBB based on CO2 to be under the limits... I shall keep on looking!