Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MW3

lookin' good so far Smile
They say it's a new engine, but it looks like the same IW engine they've been running for the last 4 games. I'll probably pick it up, but I'm not sure if it's a day one purchase for me. Really only interested in seeing what happens to Soap and Price.
(24-05-2011, 07:59 PM)Drifter Wrote: They say it's a new engine, but it looks like the same IW engine they've been running for the last 4 games. I'll probably pick it up, but I'm not sure if it's a day one purchase for me. Really only interested in seeing what happens to Soap and Price.

Sums up my thoughts.

My money is already being saved up for BF3.

King of Questions
Yeah, I'm going to get it I'm sure, but not a pre-order methinks. I really enjoy the campaigns, but after making the same multiplayer for, what, 4 games in a row now, I'm not really interested in more Nuketown.
"Lets just all hug and shoot something!"
-WiskieTango
i havent even installed my black ops yet.
Giant Bomb has a writeup of the preview that Activision just held for the media.
"Lets just all hug and shoot something!"
-WiskieTango
(27-05-2011, 11:11 AM)ThunderMidget Wrote: Giant Bomb has a writeup of the preview that Activision just held for the media.

Sounds like the big innovation so far is they added magnifiers to some of the guns. Yay. That said, I do like the crew at Sledgehammer Games, they were some of the guys that helped create Dead Space. I would prefer that they were able to continue their own game (which to be fair is another CoD apparently) instead of backing up an obviously underpowered Infinity Ward. I'm worried about a Medal of Honor situation, where the different parts of the game handled by different studios felt very disconnected.
New vid up on how the three types of "Strike packages" work in MW3

I like the idea that it's not just the guys with the mad controller skills that are gonna be able to get the useful kill streaks anymore. One of the reason I love BF is that even in a support role, I can get points and help my team win. I think I'd enjoy the CoD style experience more now that I don't have to entirely rely on kills to make a difference in a match.