Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not-so-blind firing
Guys, have a look at that!

Far from me the idea (or even the cash) of purchasing such an item as of right now, but I'm guessing Chinese replica makers might already be working at it.

So, what would be the rule regarding blind fire when you get such a piece of equipment?! Although it's not really blind firing anymore Tongue
I think you are missing a link or something, dont know what i am suppose to be looking at.
Congress shall make no law
Respecting an establishment of religion
Or prohibiting the free exercice there of
Or abridging the freedom of speech
Or of the press
Or of the right of the people peacefully to assemble
And to petition the government for a re-dress of grievances
Basically it's a 90 degree mirror. This actually isn't new and this "concept" and products like it have been out for some time. In fact it was these right angle mirrors & camera mounted on guns that prompted TKO to discuss about the blind fire years back. And back the result of the discussion is the rule we see today.

As such, I still have the mini LCD (which you can make up your own mount to your helmet, or goggle strap to make it into a HUD) boxed and unused since that rule - all you need is small camera. If anyone wants to buy for some other, PM me Big Grin.
Actually, I also have a real aimpoint mirror add-on (i think it's aimpoint...) that clips on to the back of the M2 COMP, but i dont find it too practical 'cuz the field of view was too small in my opinion. it was only like 20mmx20mm.
(29-03-2011, 12:46 PM)wilekcmc Wrote: I think you are missing a link or something, dont know what i am suppose to be looking at.

The link wasn't automatically underlined, click on the "that" of my first line ^^

Q, so even with that device on, it's a NG? Technically it means that I have a sight of the target, and can identify if safe to shoot or not!

Anyway, I'll probably never get any of those devices, so no point in arguing Big Grin
No argument, just a debate. I think we decided not allow for a few various points which escape me. But I think they were basically 2 points :-

1) no direct line of site from the shooter to the target - reliance that the targeting device is aligned (e.g. your dot site or scope)
2) not being able to judge distance too well as you have a only limited arc/point of view

I can't remember the reasons but I think also reducing ambiguity. So a clear rule is simpler to enforce.
But let's say some airsoft company makes this:
http://www.cornershot.com/

or if someone got one to fit an airsoft pistol?

King of Questions
(29-03-2011, 01:02 PM)Q Wrote: [snip]
In fact it was these right angle mirrors & camera mounted on guns that prompted TKO to discuss about the blind fire years back. And back the result of the discussion is the rule we see today.
[snip]

(29-03-2011, 07:00 PM)Vorpalbunnie Wrote: But let's say some airsoft company makes this:
http://www.cornershot.com/

or if someone got one to fit an airsoft pistol?
This is no different to what I said in an earlier post...re-quoted above about the camera with HUD.
Ok thanks!
King of Questions