Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield 3

pretty much blew my mind.
Few more from the official Youtube page.

The tech video looks pretty good, I really like the animations. The last one should be multiplayer. Looks good, but I'm still waiting to see vehicles mixed in a little more.
Their audio designers must have bought a new distortion plug in.
Game looks and sounds pretty amazing.
Some cool info about the light machinegunners/ support class. When they lay down cover fire, it will actually effect the vision of those in the line of fire, kinda simulating the idea of forcing people to keep their heads down. This would allow for other team members to flank or take more accurate shots while the enemy is being pinned down.
The one thing I don't like though is that buildings aren't totally destructible.
Sad
King of Questions
(10-06-2011, 02:55 PM)Vorpalbunnie Wrote: The one thing I don't like though is that buildings aren't totally destructible.
Sad

Yeah, but that was an issue in the Bad Company series to. Even though it had great damage tech, there were still structures you could either not damage or at least not destroy 100%. I think an everything can be leveled model would be fun, but turn pretty chaotic and cartoonish quickly (kinda like a Red Faction game).
...and you get to trash Paris, which is quite enjoyable for someone who grew up there :-)
I think that is equally enjoyable for someone that didn't grow up there Smile
Lol yeah. I just wish that they could collapse. Even if it did make giant rubble piles. Even the ability to make holes in the floor would rock.
King of Questions
Well, looks pretty good to me, definitely pre-ordering that one!
Here's what I was waiting for, a solid look at the multiplayer.

I think I am definitely going to have to build a new rig for this.
I'm building a new rig for Skyrim, so well, with Battlefield 3 I just have one additional reason to do so Wink
(18-08-2011, 04:55 PM)Ycare Wrote: I'm building a new rig for Skyrim, so well, with Battlefield 3 I just have one additional reason to do so Wink

Skyrim is on my mind to, but also The Witcher 2 is a great game I would love to play at higher settings. PC gaming is back in full force in my life!
(18-08-2011, 05:20 PM)Drifter Wrote: Skyrim is on my mind to, but also The Witcher 2 is a great game I would love to play at higher settings. PC gaming is back in full force in my life!

Yeah same here, but I need to finish the first episode first Wink

With the game consoles getting to their end of life cycle, only PC now can offer really something mind blowing and offer the full gameplay experience intended in those new games.

Yes, now the money for the PC...
Whats a PC cost that can run these games of which you speak?