Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield 3
Looks amazing!
Goddam it, sounds much better than COD!
It looks amazing, but I really want to see the multiplayer, it's still the number one reason I come to a BF game.
I really hope they don't screw up their formula as an alternative to the sixteen-dudes-running-directly-at-each-other-in-a-map-the-size-of-my-apartment gameplay of COD. Large maps, multiple avenues of attack/defense, squad-based play that rewards you for making use of distinct classes and assisting squadmates and teammates, etc etc. They must know (I hope) that they're filling a need in the MP FPS community. If this becomes a COD clone (there's nothing to make me think this from what I've seen so far) I'll punch Drifter in the nuts.
"Lets just all hug and shoot something!"
-WiskieTango
I think (at least on the PC) with up to 64 players, they aren't screwing around. That said, I really want to see some vehicle combat, I wasn't the greatest chopper or jet pilot, but put me in a APC with a solid gunner or two and I will tear up the map.
Next video is up, honestly thinking of buying new PC parts in Canada and bringing them back to build a full power rig for this game. Looking hot, small issue is some of the gun models look off. One dude is firing a gun with only a front sight!

Now this looks like a game worth playing!!!
Una Salus Victus
Yeah seeing the vids of this game has totally doused my interest in Homefront.
(18-03-2011, 12:34 PM)TheMuss Wrote: Yeah seeing the vids of this game has totally doused my interest in Homefront.

I heard Homefront did some interesting things with multiplayer, but that single player campaign looks rough. BF3 will hopefully be the total package, and the single player here seems to be shaping up well.
Third video is out, more open spaces and looks like quicktime melee combat. Big reveal next month looks like:

It's nice and all, but it feels more and more like COD.... I wish they made a new kick ass Rainbow 6 style of game. Operation Flashpoint was alright but too difficult to handle imho.
(31-03-2011, 10:21 AM)Ycare Wrote: It's nice and all, but it feels more and more like COD.... I wish they made a new kick ass Rainbow 6 style of game. Operation Flashpoint was alright but too difficult to handle imho.

Agreed, I hope for a big multiplayer reveal soon. I would love a new Rainbow Six, but I'm glad they are not rushing. Vegas 2 felt a little half assed. I would love an old school R6 game, where you have to plan out your assaults before you started each missions, but in this day of fast shooters it would never fly.
(31-03-2011, 02:02 PM)Drifter Wrote: I would love an old school R6 game, where you have to plan out your assaults before you started each missions, but in this day of fast shooters it would never fly.

*sigh* same problem with most type of games I used to love, shooters, RTS, RPG, everything has to be in a constant rush or else it doesn't please the crowds.
Full 12 minute demo video is up:

Some vehicle action at the end of the video. Still looks like single player stuff, but it's hot.
Well looks like the team mate are a little important than in COD, that's already an improvement, but still feels very close.