Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astan - IEDs
Slight warning: not really graphical, but nevertheless a bit shocking.

http://www.wat.tv/video/mine-antipersonn...ey5x_.html

A video posted by French reporters, incredibly lucky they survived that one, but so unfortunate for the Sergeant.

FYI: the Sergeant survived but lost his two legs, he did reclaim use of his right arms. Had a wife and two kids waiting for him at home.
Holy sh*t!
King of Questions
(10-02-2011, 01:22 PM)Vorpalbunnie Wrote: Holy sh*t!

Yea'...

The fact that it says 6'503 people "like" this is a bit messed up IMO....
"Warning! - NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night."
(10-02-2011, 04:34 PM)madmax Wrote:
(10-02-2011, 01:22 PM)Vorpalbunnie Wrote: Holy sh*t!

Yea'...

The fact that it says 6'503 people "like" this is a bit messed up IMO....

Yeah, but if everybody disliked it it would get pulled off of YouTube.
I'm just goin to hope that most of those people don't actually like the bomb goin off.
King of Questions
I can't really comment on the guy losing his pair of legs, it's not really something to comment, wish rather it were the bad guys.

For the technical aspect, if one can make abstraction of the rest, there is an experimental piece of equipment at 4:50. It is the new grenade launcher with airbust capability. The operator aim the laser at the position where the enemy is taking cover and the grenade will explode 1 meter or so behind the obstacle (wall, opening of a window).

for what it's worth.
(10-02-2011, 07:51 PM)tifast Wrote: For the technical aspect, if one can make abstraction of the rest, there is an experimental piece of equipment at 4:50. It is the new grenade launcher with airbust capability. The operator aim the laser at the position where the enemy is taking cover and the grenade will explode 1 meter or so behind the obstacle (wall, opening of a window).

for what it's worth.

Yup, from what I understood they call it the "conflict stopper" or something like that. Apparently as soon as they got someone firing some of those, the insurgents just stop shooting. They're trying to deploy more of those, but they're costy, and take time to be made apparently.
Insurgents? Stop shooting?
Maybe some, but sounds like a big load of
Propaganda to me.
King of Questions
(11-02-2011, 06:30 PM)Vorpalbunnie Wrote: Insurgents? Stop shooting?
Maybe some, but sounds like a big load of
Propaganda to me.

Nope, it's been confirmed by several sources, including the troops. The weapon is basically a fragmentation grenade launcher with an explosion distance triggered determined by laser pointing prior to shooting.

Think of a fragmentation grenade that can travel 500m almost in a straight line and detonate right after having passed the wall where people are hiding at. Ouch.

They stop shooting because they're dead/wounded.
(11-02-2011, 07:10 PM)Ycare Wrote: Think of a fragmentation grenade that can travel 500m almost in a straight line and detonate right after having passed the wall where people are hiding at. Ouch.

Ycare's ultimate dream.
"Lets just all hug and shoot something!"
-WiskieTango
:p

It was detonating, just not hitting anyone! ^^
O_o
Tongue
King of Questions