Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cosplay
Thanks to Ginga, I met the only military-style Idol in Japan, Itsuya. Big Grin

Seems to me that she does cosplay as well and I was wondering if maybe we can participate in a cosplay event? Doesn't have to be a strictly regulated event like TGS or something on similar caliber, but how about having photoshoot/gathering with smaller cosplay group?
Military-cosplay for a big group photo?
Sounds like fun.
We'd fit in fine at TGS. though One would get extremely hot (the line is so huge, and there is no shade until you are inside)
King of Questions
I don't know, I think it'd be weird to get all kitted out and not shoot anything. Also, I think it would be weird to be standing around with a bunch of people dressed like Dragon Ball and Naruto characters. As for TGS, I prefer to dress light, because as Vorpal said, it gets pretty hot in the building.
(09-02-2011, 12:50 AM)Drifter Wrote: I don't know, I think it'd be weird to get all kitted out and not shoot anything. Also, I think it would be weird to be standing around with a bunch of people dressed like Dragon Ball and Naruto characters.

Random Final Fantasy dude:
- What's your character?
Me:
- Shut up weirdo.

Big Grin
Hello guys!

I saw this cosplay thread and checked it out. I do photography as a hobby and I earn extra money from fashion/glamour and portrait shoots. I've been planning to do a military photoshoot but I don't have clients now. If ever you're interested, just message me. I'm afraid I'll have to say I charge, but since we're all in the airsoft community, I can give discounts! Wink

Here are some of the samples of my work:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rancedelros...429531985/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rancedelros...626737957/

Thanks guys! Big Grin
Team PAIN Japan - Blackwind
The idea reminds me of this video of Ghost and Snake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgasmIX4FDU
(09-02-2011, 10:38 AM)GingaNinga Wrote: The idea reminds me of this video of Ghost and Snake

See, I'd rather we got together and shot a video like this, or more similar to the vids where Ghost and Snake are on goofy missions in office buildings or something. I think it's the same guys in these videos.
(09-02-2011, 10:38 AM)GingaNinga Wrote: The idea reminds me of this video of Ghost and Snake

lol, that was kinda funny ^^
I liked that the COD guy decided to go all drunk instead of in character! Probably a nice change from all the other ones around.
Quote:I don't know, I think it'd be weird to get all kitted out and not shoot anything.

Absolutely.

If I have to wait 4 hours in the TGS queue wearing full gear when it's 50 degres celsius, I WILL definitely go bananas and start spraying people in Full auto until I get arrested! Big Grin

(At least they have aircon in prisons).

Totally in for the video though! Cool
"Warning! - NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night."
Madmax is so right!
Last year,
I got to TGS about an hour before it opened, ended up waiting about 2.5 hours before I got it! No shade, no shade.....
BUT, I remember that japanese cosplay people didnt walk in the same line, I never saw one waiting in line, they were allowed to walk on the other side of the rope....
King of Questions
(09-02-2011, 06:26 PM)Vorpalbunnie Wrote: Madmax is so right!
Last year,
I got to TGS about an hour before it opened, ended up waiting about 2.5 hours before I got it! No shade, no shade.....
BUT, I remember that japanese cosplay people didnt walk in the same line, I never saw one waiting in line, they were allowed to walk on the other side of the rope....

The cosplay people had changing areas they could use to setup up their gear and get dressed. I imagine they expect you to get changed and immediately proceed to the area in between the buildings where the photos are taken. Also I'm pretty sure you have to register your group before hand. Again, if I'm going to TGS I really wanna go for the games and free swag.
Drifter, I don't know if you went last year. But the show didn't have a lot of swag. The newgrounds/behemoth founders were there and gave out stuff to me and my friend, especially because we spoke English, and the Japanese people were to busy staring at monster hunter.

But that was the only swag we got, except
For a pen, a bag, and a card or two.
King of Questions
Yeah, swag is definitely going down, too many visitors, the little there is goes during the press days, so don't expect much this year either!

Long are gone the days of getting bubble-head characters from Bethesda Wink
(09-02-2011, 10:46 PM)Vorpalbunnie Wrote: Drifter, I don't know if you went last year. But the show didn't have a lot of swag. The newgrounds/behemoth founders were there and gave out stuff to me and my friend, especially because we spoke English, and the Japanese people were to busy staring at monster hunter.

But that was the only swag we got, except
For a pen, a bag, and a card or two.

No, I skipped last year because the previous show was so dull. The one thing I wanted to see was Monster Hunter 3rd, but I knew I would get all the news I needed in 24 hours from the net. Realistically, the overall decline in Japanese game development combined with the rise of internet gamesites has made TGS somewhat moot. The lack of swag is just another nail in the coffin.

I think the last think I got from TGS was some promo CD's and a Valkyria Chronicles 2 note cover. Definitely not worth sweating it out with my kit on.