Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review: Tokyo Marui SCAR-L Recoil Shock
it doesn't wobble even the slightest bit thunder?
Zero wobble, Zero. Unfortunately I am not a man who can help you with advice on what to do. You might want to take a look at Q's SCAR biopsy pics to figure out where to apply the screwdriver.
"Lets just all hug and shoot something!"
-WiskieTango
Looking at the manual Q posted, there definitely seems to be a number of screws that might have come loose during play. Still, if that's the case a simple once over with a screw driver set to tighten the screws a bit should solve the problem.
alright, ill disassemble it and tighten everything when i get the time to do it, i really hope this doesn't turn into a persistent problem like the older armalite weapons TM made... :/
Hi All,
I was at Echigoya yesterday and they passed along some interesting information. I was asking them when the black SCAR was going to come out, and he said that Marui has stopped producing new guns almost entirely as they focus on fixing the current SCAR problem!
"What SCAR problem" I asked.

He told me that a high number of SCARS had issues with their top rail, and that Marui was replacing the receivers on almost every SCAR that was being sent back. I mentioned that my friend had a SCAR, and he told me that if he sent it back to TM that they would fix it.

His thoughts were that TM would fix this issue, then put out the black version. More RECCE would follow that, and then they would start producing more of their line. As it is, many of their stock is gone, and won't be filled for a few months. This includes some VSR-10, some electric handguns, and more.

Anyway, wanted to let you SCAR owners know about this incase you wanted to enquire about it at the store where you bought it or with Marui directly. Again, it came from one of the staff at Echigoya, so isn't straight from the horse's mouth... but I consider them a good source.
I was reading something about the top rail problems, some of them were completely deformed and unusable
King of Questions
Thinking about getting a SCAR for an X-Mas/"My other guns are all screwed up" gift to myself. Anyone know if it can take a 9.6v safely?
I think it can handle a 9.6v batt safely. But, as we all know, TM never designed it to use 9.6v batts so your SCAR (the gears, at least) may have a little bit shorter lifespan as compared to using an 8.4v batt.
Team PAIN Japan - Blackwind
(01-12-2011, 01:28 PM)wired Wrote: I think it can handle a 9.6v batt safely. But, as we all know, TM never designed it to use 9.6v batts so your SCAR (the gears, at least) may have a little bit shorter lifespan as compared to using an 8.4v batt.

Cool, too be expected. Tested it out with a 9.6v it was definitely faster, but I'll probably stick with a 8.4v for now just to be extra safe.
Did you get an L or the CQC Driftet?
(01-12-2011, 07:18 PM)GingaNinga Wrote: Did you get an L or the CQC Driftet?

Went with the CQC version, wanted something that would fit into this new tactical backpack I got for easier transportation to games. Like so:

[Image: th_IMG_20111201_194618.jpg]
Quick question as a new TM SCAR owner: Can / How do you swap the charging handle to the other side?
yes....oh wait...or maybe I did it but I'm not supposed to? Need to go back to my SCAR-L
(06-12-2011, 09:03 PM)Q Wrote: yes....oh wait...or maybe I did it but I'm not supposed to? Need to go back to my SCAR-L

Hey Q, did you get a chance to check about the charging handle swapping? I'm definitely digging the scar, but the charging handles been giving me some trouble on the default left side. It's mostly my fault, as when I go for magazine style hold I break my thumb up and get smacked (hold over from my use of mostly M4 style guns). That said, It would be ideal if I could swap it over to the right side.
Hey, nice review. Recently my piston stripped in my scar and I was wondering if a normal ARG piston will work in this gun because I have a ton laying around.