Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordering online with Echigoya
I just ordered some things online at Echigoya, which all seemed to go well, till the order was completed and I realised there was no section for payment. I selected that I would pay with debit card, but was never asked for my details. I received an email detailing my order, the email says I have selected debit card, but I don't know how I am supposed to pay them lol.

Japanese or English store?
The Japanese store.
I don't have an account, but the debit card option might be the one where you pay the delivery company by swiping your debit card when they arrive with the delivery.

Not sure of the other options, but perhaps there was bank or convenience store remitance, COD, etc.

If you want to pm me the order confirmation I can look into it for you.
I asked my Sister-in-law to have a look at it and like you said it is pay with the card when they delivery it.

The delivery is a bit harsh, from what I can tell it's 1500yen. They sent me another email to say one item is not in stock and they'll have more in on Wednesday, but they can send the first item now(with 1500yen delivery) and the 2nd item later(with another 1500yen delivery). No thanks lol, I can wait a couple more days.

Glad you got it sorted.

Not sure what you bought, but if it is a gun then 1500 is about right for Takyu-bin and a box that size. There are probably surcharges for the debit delivery as well.

Where are you located? That could also contribute to the high shipping cost.

Enjoy the new kit Smile
Yeah no, I tried buying a spray paint from there too and they don't care about the location, it's something around 1,500 yen for all. There is even more expensive than that too, it's stupid. None of the options allow you to pay by credit card through website, it's bank transfer, pick up at shop and then 4 different ways of cash/card on delivery.

I still tried, but then the thing stayed for like 3 days without changes, I had my gf checking it and it said it was re-supplying. You had to click through like 3 links though to get this information, it wasn't obvious at all and no email was sent either.
When you purchase at Echigoya stores with a credit card they charge you an extra 5% to cover credit card processing fees. I used to work for a company that was looking into processing online orders via credit card via 3rd party CC processing... It wasn't cheap.

With all the other viable options available, the cost if processing, and the security/liability issues to deal with, I can understand why they aren't doing CC orders.

My experience tells me (from working in Japanese mail order) that foreigners are usually more comfortable with using their CC online, where many (if course not all) Japanese are happy to use a convenience store or post office payment slip, COD, or direct bank transfer. It would be interesting to see how these trends are in Airsoft vs other industries, but that's probably taking this off topic Smile
The item they can send now is a bag of bb's, which cost less than the delivery fee lol.

I'm in Shonandai/Fujisawa, in hindsight I think I'd rather spend the delivery fee on a train ticket and go pick it up myself.

Wow, that is crazy. 1500 yen to send a bag of BBs.
That is crazy!
That's the chakubarai minimum.
(21-12-2010, 11:45 AM)GingaNinga Wrote: Wow, that is crazy. 1500 yen to send a bag of BBs.
That is crazy!

Yeah, that's pretty nuts! But COD always tends to be pretty high, I guess to cover the extra service charge of having the delivery person handle the payment transaction.

@TheMuss: I'm out in Fujisawa too, there is actually a small airsoft shop near the station, they don't have much, but basic supplies like BB's are available.
Is that the place on the 7th floor? I stumbled onto that place one day after about 4 trips to that store watching my Wife shop for clothes, lol -_-

Does anyone know if you can pay by Credit Card in store at Echigoya?
(08-01-2011, 03:13 AM)TheMuss Wrote: Is that the place on the 7th floor? I stumbled onto that place one day after about 4 trips to that store watching my Wife shop for clothes, lol -_-

Thats's the place. I stumbled on to it the first day in Fuj. Was looking for the tower records and I saw the store. I was like "Shit yea, this looks cool!". My downfall would come later in Akiba, but that tiny shop has served me in a pinch for basic supplies.

I'm pretty sure I saw signs for Visa last time I was at Echigoya, but you should call and check just in case.
(08-01-2011, 03:13 AM)TheMuss Wrote: Is that the place on the 7th floor? I stumbled onto that place one day after about 4 trips to that store watching my Wife shop for clothes, lol -_-

Yessiree!
My dad used his credit card to buy my Brothers gun
King of Questions