Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Walking Dead
Hey do you guys like zombies?
Do you like television?
Do you like uncensored violent visuals?

Then AMC's "The Walking Dead" is for you.

Anyone else been tuning in to watch it?
if you havent you seriously should, its about time TV got a show about zombies

(yes i know its based on a super-popular comic)
King of Questions
Is it realistic?
Well, there are zombies....
But it's more realistic than resident evil.
It's like the old "dawn of the dead"
A bunch of ordinary people trying to survive (they don't all carry assault rifles and punch zombies in the face, these people have a shotgun at best and they scream)
Watch the pilot on projectfreetv or something, it's really well done
King of Questions
I have been watching it every week. It's good, The first two episodes I wasn't convinced, but it has won me over. I was worried they were going to blow it with the last episode, but they managed to hold it together.

Quality cast. The story is, well, about Z-day so what are you going to ask for?

I will keep watching.
I just took a quick glance on ep1, and saw military guys dead in front of a tank, and first think I thought was "how the hell do a bunch of guys inside a tank get eaten by zombies?! A tank would basically be the most secure thing against zombies, this is stupid".

I need to give it another shot ^^
yeah, tanks are the dumbest smart idea ever IMO (zombie wise)
i mean, they have armor (lots), but the main gun is practically useless and the treads would get all gunked up.
King of Questions
It was interesting first 2 of 3 episodes, but then it just become stupid and so predictable. I am still watching it, but I am kinda disappointed.
Aliis inserviendo consumor.
(10-12-2010, 07:12 AM)Vorpalbunnie Wrote: yeah, tanks are the dumbest smart idea ever IMO (zombie wise)
i mean, they have armor (lots), but the main gun is practically useless and the treads would get all gunked up.

Nah, the threads would be fine, it's quite tough you know, much more than a skull or teeth Big Grin
yeah...
im still wondering how the guy on the inside got zombified without any visible blood marks in the tank, or any other zombies in the tank.
King of Questions
This is on my list of shows to catch up on, but I'm a bit burned out on zombies after like 40 hours of Dead Rising 2 Tongue Love the comic though.
Dead rising 2, while not the best game, it is pure raw fun.
King of Questions
Picked up the first season of this on DVD for 5 dollars. Totally legit. I'll start watching this weekend, thanks for the recommendation.
(10-12-2010, 11:07 PM)Vorpalbunnie Wrote: yeah...
im still wondering how the guy on the inside got zombified without any visible blood marks in the tank, or any other zombies in the tank.

I noticed that as well. On first glance I thought it was an M1, but it's obviously a dolled up Cheiftan, as the M1 doesnt have an escape hatch on the bottom.

I imagine the soldier inside had the bright idea to crawl inside to hide after he was bitten. Doesnt explain why the commanders hatch was open along with the escape hatch. Perhaps the crew decided to make a break for it after they got hungry or thirsty and he happened to be the only one who didnt make it away from the tank and decided to take his chances inside, retreating to the corner to die. We could 'sperg out over that stuff all day, so I'll just ignore it an enjoy the show.

Only one episode in, so far so good!

Got an answer for dead tank guy here. In the "walking dead". Once you die, bitten or not, you become a zombie. So he's in his tank dies, and then is stuck in their until he's let out.