Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Help needed] Compression issues?
I was using my G&P on Saturday and had a weird issue...
On semi-auto every second shot seemed to be much weaker than the one before it. I would shot, and hit the 30 meter target. Next shot would fall before it reached the target. Next shot would be fine, etc, etc.
In full auto it seemed to shot fine.

Any one ever experience a similar issue?
Purely a guess but I'm actually leaning towards a feeding issue rather than just compression. My suggestion would be to check the whole feeding system (tappet plate, loading nozzle, feeding into the hop chamber, etc.). Dry fire in semi and check out the loading nozzle position, open the mechbox and rotate the gears and check the tappet plate pulls back the same distance each time, make sure loading nozzle is sealed well onto the cylinder head and there's nothing broken on the loading nozzle (where the tappet and nozzle engages/slides in), etc.
hello! if you have upgraded your gun to a higher rof or a stronger battery, you might want to put a selector chip as well.
Agree with Q. First just semi-dissemble the rifle and look at the nozzle movement and check compression by shooting blanks in your open hand (subjective, but works), but I think you will definitely need to open gearbox at the end.
Aliis inserviendo consumor.
Thanks guys. I will take a look at it tonight. Seems I have a stack of guns that are needing some love and care before it gets to cold.
(07-12-2010, 02:44 PM)GingaNinga Wrote: Thanks guys. I will take a look at it tonight. Seems I have a stack of guns that are needing some love and care before it gets to cold.

Welcome to my world...
(07-12-2010, 03:36 PM)Q Wrote:
(07-12-2010, 02:44 PM)GingaNinga Wrote: Thanks guys. I will take a look at it tonight. Seems I have a stack of guns that are needing some love and care before it gets to cold.

Welcome to my world...

Q, that's what i am doing, my desk is covered in disassembled gas mags.
Congress shall make no law
Respecting an establishment of religion
Or prohibiting the free exercice there of
Or abridging the freedom of speech
Or of the press
Or of the right of the people peacefully to assemble
And to petition the government for a re-dress of grievances
Would there be a difference in the power output in the feeding problem you have described Q?
I did a power check today and I was getting very close readings for the first 10 rounds (within a meter per second of each other).
Does this indicate that feeding could still be the issue, or maybe inconsistent hop?
If you have misfeeds, it can cause power differences.

But if you're getting very close readings, are you still having the problem then? This is different from what you initially described which was alternating good/bad shots.
Unfortunately I only have 10-12 meters in the house, so I can't check to see if I am having the same issue with every second shot falling short.
However, with the chrono, I got 98.6, 98.4, 98.5, etc. Lowest was 97.4 (all in meters/second). It seemed consistent, so perhaps it is a hop issue rather than feeding or compression. Will have to get it outside to confirm.

Thanks again for your help with this Q.