Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tokyo Marui RECCE Release Date Announced
Q,
A handful of them could get expensive Smile
I still think your route of a lipo in an after market DD rail on a SOPMOD (or SOCOM) is a better way to go.
agreed.

you're going to have to get a bank loan for that Smile
This is for someone overseas. Nah I don't need bank loan for that although of course it would be nice if I get money back.
(15-12-2010, 04:44 PM)GingaNinga Wrote: Q,
A handful of them could get expensive Smile
I still think your route of a lipo in an after market DD rail on a SOPMOD (or SOCOM) is a better way to go.

That was what I was considering before I bought my Recce. I did some research and the DD Omega Rail design would probably be the best choice for that, as it has a two piece design, making battery installation easier. The DD light would require a super thin lipo to get in there. I'd say it would have to be about the width of a pen to fit. Also the Omega rail uses a standard delta ring to attach, so it would be much easier to install.
If anything like my setup, thinner than a pen I'd say, (Well depends on which pen...if it's a classic Cross ballpoint pen, you're right). Have a look at the Sopmod thread for pics. You're right about the Omega being simpler/easier but I didn't go for that 'cos I don't actually like the looks of the Delta ring and upper RIS being separated with a gap.

However another option is the RIS II. If I'm not mistaken the RIS II is actually 2-halves. This gives the slimness of the DD AR15 lite, but the ease of 2-halves.
(16-12-2010, 11:30 AM)Q Wrote: However another option is the RIS II. If I'm not mistaken the RIS II is actually 2-halves. This gives the slimness of the DD AR15 lite, but the ease of 2-halves.

I believe so, it uses the similar split design as the Omega Rail while keeping the 6 nut connector like on the Lite Rail. Also, if you can keep the original SOCOM barrel on it, the indent in the barrel would help give you more space to get the battery in there.

From a mil-sim perspective it's a little more accurate too, since the RIS II is the actual rail going on the SOPMOD block 2 now.
Ginga,

Did you manage to find out of the RECCE was on a limited run?
I spoke to the Echigoya folks on Friday.
He told me that it wasn't initially planned as a "limited" gun, but that Tokyo Marui are being very vague about when they are going to release a second batch. Echigoya are sold out and have a bunch of orders on the books, but TM hasn't said when they will fill the orders. There is speculation that the license agreement might have been for the first batch only, or that they didn't get a license to make more...
So not a planned limited edition, but might turn out that way. If you have a chance to get one I would pick it up ASAP.

Also, be wary of buying on auction unless the seller actually has one, as there could be a long wait for stock.
Thx for the update. Interesting view point by Echigoya as TM still put up a display of the RECCE with the Madbull logo at Victory yesterday as though "everything's still normal".
It makes sense for TM to do so cause...
- awesome looking gun
- showcases their recent legal licensing arrangements
- it keeps the buying public from feeding into the rumor mill

I hope Echigoya is wrong though.
(20-12-2010, 08:38 AM)GingaNinga Wrote: It makes sense for TM to do so cause...
- awesome looking gun
- showcases their recent legal licensing arrangements
- it keeps the buying public from feeding into the rumor mill

I hope Echigoya is wrong though.

Yeah, I hope it's just a production issue or something. It's a great gun, especially if you don't want or have the skills to mod. I'm glad I got mine early, but I didn't actually think it would sell out. When I went in and grabbed mine, I bought it over the counter without a pre-order or anything, and it looked like they had a good size stack behind the counter.
Is there any one of you guys who bought a Recce ever tried to register the serial number on the ISGK website? I tried but it always says "Codes does not match"
Team PAIN Japan - Blackwind
Drifter/Life26/Wired, how much did you guys pay for your RECCE?
The echigoya price 44,226 yen.
Yup, that's the exact price.
Team PAIN Japan - Blackwind