Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tokyo Marui RECCE Release Date Announced
I feel bad I'm sharing more tech findings on Arnies than I do on TKO so here's the TKO version (about MIAD/MOE grips) :-

http://www.tkoverkill.com/showthread.php?tid=1209
(01-12-2010, 02:05 PM)Q Wrote: #1 Take note that someone in Japan will be selling P-Mag shells (with see-through windows) cut for the Recoil Shock M4 magazines soon. The RRP is around Y1980 but probably cheaper on the street. Unfortunately I think they are PTS ones. But you could have the PMag look and the bolt lock/release functionality. BTW, don't bother with the Echigoya Y7/8000 PMags for Recoil Shock. That's just too expensive.

#2 I thought I posted this in TKO too but looks like I didn't. If you're using PTS grips, please be aware of the base required. The standard one that comes with the PTS grip doesn't match a lot of endbells of a lot of motors. You'll need to buy the optional PTS base separately. Have a look at this I put on Arnie's. If you can't read it I'm happy to reproduce it here :-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/in...&p=2342571

do u happen to know whose making the shells Q? and when u mean shells, do you mean like the outside cover of the magazine - and to use them, you place in the inner plastic bit on the EBB STANAG mags from TM from their original mag, into this shell you're talking about?
(01-12-2010, 06:44 PM)Ansel Wrote: do u happen to know whose making the shells Q? and when u mean shells, do you mean like the outside cover of the magazine - and to use them, you place in the inner plastic bit on the EBB STANAG mags from TM from their original mag, into this shell you're talking about?

I believe it will be a slip on shell cover, as Q is indicating. Echigoya has essentially done just that, buying PMAGs and converting the shells to hold the EBB mag internals. This was further confirmed when I was there shopping for my Recce and I saw a number of EBB STNAG shells in the discount sales bin Wink
So Echigoya's P-Mag for next Gen appear to be RS PMags gutted out to hold the Next Gen inner. The ones I'm referring to are similar but possibly ACM (since they're so cheap). You can find info about these in Jan 2011 Arms magazine. It's not available online (yet?).
(01-12-2010, 07:37 PM)Q Wrote: So Echigoya's P-Mag for next Gen appear to be RS PMags gutted out to hold the Next Gen inner. The ones I'm referring to are similar but possibly ACM (since they're so cheap). You can find info about these in Jan 2011 Arms magazine. It's not available online (yet?).

Is that the one with the Recce Rifle on the cover? I thought I saw that issue out on stands already. Might actually buy that issue because there are some great shots of Magpul training in there. Having seen the Echigoya ones in the store, I think Q is right about how they are made. ACM or ELEMENT copies of the case would probably be significantly cheaper, although I doubt they will have the nice Dupont plastic feel.
Yes I guess. Where there's 2 ppl in the front. Look page 99 bottom left corner where there's the bronze ACOG too.
ahh, ok, thanks for the clarification Q.

I saw the january issue out yesterday when i stopped to drop off videos at tsutaya. if its any good, i might go pick it up sometime.
have you guys seen any video reviews of this gun? Been looking for a while, and I still can't seem to find one...
(12-12-2010, 05:30 PM)Zero Wrote: have you guys seen any video reviews of this gun? Been looking for a while, and I still can't seem to find one...

I've been working on a written review for a bit, I have the day off tomorrow so I'll probably finish it up and post it then. Wanted to thaw the review section, but Q beat me to it Tongue

The gist is this though: It's a SOPMOD with some neat extras, but nothing that justifies owning it if you already have one of the other SOPMOD variants.
thanks, ill be looking forward to it.
fyi, hyperdouraku now has their review of the Mk12 up now. it wasnt much, but it was something.
Ginga,

If you talk to Echigoya, can you please find out if the RECCE is limited edition? I've heard rumours that it is due to TM not being happy in paying licence fees to Madbull and/or DD.
(15-12-2010, 02:55 PM)Q Wrote: Ginga, If you talk to Echigoya, can you please find out if the RECCE is limited edition? I've heard rumours that it is due to TM not being happy in paying licence fees to Madbull and/or DD.

Looking at the box and manual, there is not indication this is a limited edition. The box says it's the 10th gun in the Recoil Shock line, leading me to believe it's meant to be part of the regular line up (as opposed to listing it as a variant or something).

That said, if they signed a time limited contract for the DD rail, I could see them phasing it out down the road. I'd have to imagine that TM probably signed a long term deal for the rights to produce the rail though.
I will be going sometime this week and will ask them about it.
Yes I didn't see any proof of the RECCE being limited edition but seems outside of JP, it's hard to get. At first I didn't believe it, but the reason provided (about paying licensing to DD) does sound quite credible - as such I can't dismiss this rumour so easily.

If true, I've been asked if I can secure a handful (who knows what that means...5? 10?).