Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tokyo Marui RECCE Release Date Announced
(30-11-2010, 06:20 AM)Ycare Wrote: That's pretty nice! How's the weight with such a long RIS? Not too front heavy yet?

Weight feels about what I remember from the times I've held a SOPMOD. The weight is still very balanced to the center of the receiver.

(30-11-2010, 12:38 PM)lifes26 Wrote: I also picked up two recce's yesterday, compliments of my friend.

It is firing 92-93 m/s stock. I guess I won't be doing any internal upgrades on this one for now.

2 Recces? Damn, you're friend is rolling in rapper money! Did you both walk into Echigoya with fur coats and casually say "Hmmm, Gimme two of those rifles." Big Grin

Nice additions BTW! I agree, I really want to avoid monkeying with the internals. Like you I'm using an external sling adapter, mostly because I fear messing with anything in that tube Confused
(30-11-2010, 01:03 PM)Drifter Wrote:
(30-11-2010, 06:20 AM)Ycare Wrote: That's pretty nice! How's the weight with such a long RIS? Not too front heavy yet?

Weight feels about what I remember from the times I've held a SOPMOD. The weight is still very balanced to the center of the receiver.

(30-11-2010, 12:38 PM)lifes26 Wrote: I also picked up two recce's yesterday, compliments of my friend.

It is firing 92-93 m/s stock. I guess I won't be doing any internal upgrades on this one for now.

2 Recces? Damn, you're friend is rolling in rapper money! Did you both walk into Echigoya with fur coats and casually say "Hmmm, Gimme two of those rifles." Big Grin

Nice additions BTW! I agree, I really want to avoid monkeying with the internals. Like you I'm using an external sling adapter, mostly because I fear messing with anything in that tube Confused

Early Christmas presents...Big Grin
hows the RoF compared to the SOPMOD?
I read on arnies that this might be a limited edition like the M4-PMC was. Has anyone heard likewise?
(30-11-2010, 06:32 PM)Ansel Wrote: hows the RoF compared to the SOPMOD?

Since I don't have my SOPMOD anymore to compare it to, I am not 100% right but it is my impression that RECCE has a slightly higher ROF than SOPMOD... I might be mistaken though.
Really? higher? according to TM's site and all - they say that the Mk12 shoots at about 750-850 RPM (same as the Jisedai AK RoF) as opposed to the SOPMOD's 850-950 RPM... weird.
Seeing your Recce's makes me wanna share mine, too! Big Grin Thanks to Lifes26 for picking up my gun at Echigoya last Monday morning! Wink

Recce Rifle (Right)

Recce Rifle (Left)

It's been a while since I last bought a bnew gun, so I am very thrilled to have one again, not to mention my more than a year of airsoft hiatus!
Team PAIN Japan - Blackwind
I like the XTM rail covers you guys have, just ordered some for myself. Nothing on the box seems to indicate a limited edition, although my Japanese is pretty poor, so It could easily be right in front of my face. It's listed as #10 in the Next Gen Recoil Shock series, so that would lead my to believe it would part of the normal lineup. Then again, having to pay a license fee to Madbull on these, I could see why Marui might only sell it for a limited time, maybe when whatever contract they signed expires.

Here's how I'll probably be running mine this Sunday:
[Image: recce7.jpg]

Life26, I see you're using the same MOE pistol grip, did you have any problems installing it? I had trouble getting the motor in at first, and even after a lot of height tuning, I still detect a low whine when I shoot.
Drifter - are you using the adapter nub to use pmags? Or did you just do that for the picture?
(01-12-2010, 05:58 AM)psycho Wrote: Drifter - are you using the adapter nub to use pmags? Or did you just do that for the picture?

I'm using the adapter nub. Partially because I didn't wanna bleed any more cash on replacing my current magazines with the recoil shock ones, and partially because I really love PMAGs. Strangely, the the cheaper STAR brand mags sit better than then official PTS mags I bought a couple months ago. Somewhat annoying is that I bought the aluminum adapter, which at the time seemed like a good idea for durability, but in practice the thing tends to nick the inside of the magazine, specifically on the BB retention tab. See how it works this Sunday, but I'll probably buy more recoil shock mags in the future, maybe if they release tan ones to go with the tan Scar-L next month.
Looking great guys!
Congrats on the GET!
Drifter - didn't have a problem installing the MOE pistol grip and the motor. Although It took me a while to fine tune the height.
(01-12-2010, 08:17 AM)lifes26 Wrote: Drifter - didn't have a problem installing the MOE pistol grip and the motor. Although It took me a while to fine tune the height.

I'm wondering if the wires are messing with the height, did you sort the wires any special way, or did they fit with little problem?
#1 Take note that someone in Japan will be selling P-Mag shells (with see-through windows) cut for the Recoil Shock M4 magazines soon. The RRP is around Y1980 but probably cheaper on the street. Unfortunately I think they are PTS ones. But you could have the PMag look and the bolt lock/release functionality. BTW, don't bother with the Echigoya Y7/8000 PMags for Recoil Shock. That's just too expensive.

#2 I thought I posted this in TKO too but looks like I didn't. If you're using PTS grips, please be aware of the base required. The standard one that comes with the PTS grip doesn't match a lot of endbells of a lot of motors. You'll need to buy the optional PTS base separately. Have a look at this I put on Arnie's. If you can't read it I'm happy to reproduce it here :-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/in...&p=2342571
(01-12-2010, 02:05 PM)Q Wrote: #1 Take note that someone in Japan will be selling P-Mag shells (with see-through windows) cut for the Recoil Shock M4 magazines soon. The RRP is around Y1980 but probably cheaper on the street. Unfortunately I think they are PTS ones. But you could have the PMag look and the bolt lock/release functionality. BTW, don't bother with the Echigoya Y7/8000 PMags for Recoil Shock. That's just too expensive.

#2 I thought I posted this in TKO too but looks like I didn't. If you're using PTS grips, please be aware of the base required. The standard one that comes with the PTS grip doesn't match a lot of endbells of a lot of motors. You'll need to buy the optional PTS base separately. Have a look at this I put on Arnie's. If you can't read it I'm happy to reproduce it here :-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/in...&p=2342571

Thanks for the link Q, very helpful! I was not even considering the Echigoya ones, I saw the price on them awhile ago and said "F'that". My love of PMAGs has it limits Tongue Looking forward to seeing these cut mag cases you're talking about, hopefully will see them around soon.

Can I get this base at Echigoya? I might make a quick run out there this week if they have it.