Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TM G36C triple M (MadMaxMod)
Little Update on my G36 "Triple M" (^^) for who it might interest.

A lot of people wanted to see it in action during last game, I am sorry I used my M4 because this baby here wasn't ready for outdoor yet.

I am currently changing pretty much everything in the gearbox and swapping it with Systema parts (Cylinder, Piston head, gears, spring etc...) and having a FET installed.
Also considering an aluminum HopUp unit (bucking?).

Also working on a "Triple M" little logo-artwork that I am planning to engrave on the stock or receiver (not decided yet) using a dremel.

I am also looking at a magnifier x3 in front of a Hurricane 551, and installing a metal upper rail.

All should be done and ready for the game on the 29th of Jan!
(Very excited about it! I like my M4, but the G36C is just much more "my style" of gun.)

"Warning! - NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night."
Almost finished my new project: The Quad-M (MadMaxModM4)

Built almost form scratch, with a TM classic M4 base, getting rid of the annoying electric blowback.

[Image: nec0668.jpg]

- Magpul lower receiver
- G&P Vltor upper receiver
- Madbull Noveske RIS (10")
- G&P custom stock
- Polycarbonate hop chamber
- H-Nub
- Magpul front grip
- Magpul tactical Pistol grip
- G&P Noveske iron sights
- Leupold illuminated cross-hair scope (I might change that in the near future to a red dot)
- Aluminium one-piece UFC Outer barrel (16")
- UFC DTNC Flash hider

In current state, shoots at 91mps / 0.82J (average on 10 shots in semi, and 3 measures in full auto).

Yet to be done:
- Tight bore inner barrel (probably 325mm)
- Metal bushings
- Systema / Prometheus Spring, cylinder and piston head
- FET

Finally achieved THE M4 I have always dreamed of! ^^

(between you and me, I hesitated to sleep with it last night...)
-
Very nice Smile
Hot rifle Max, so if you removed the recoil, are you still using the bold lock function?
@Drifter: No, I used a classic TM M4, not my EBB as a base. This one doesn't have a Bolt lock function.
I am thinking of selling the EBB actually.
I've enjoyed my EBB experience so far, but I can agree that the shaking isn't for everyone. Was also thinking of building a new M4 myself based of the TM M4 CRW High Cycle. I like this build though, has a real competition look.
Yes, It's not such a big deal, but I got a bit frustrated by:
- The noise
- The clunky shaking
- The lack of custom parts, and all that cool stuff available for the classic M4 that doesn't fit the EBB models.
- No short mags

Custom CRW HighCycle sounds nice! It's basically a classic M4 base right? Is there any other difference besides the gears and the motor?
(15-02-2011, 02:59 PM)madmax Wrote: Yes, It's not such a big deal, but I got a bit frustrated by:
- The noise
- The clunky shaking
- The lack of custom parts, and all that cool stuff available for the classic M4 that doesn't fit the EBB models.
- No short mags

Custom CRW HighCycle sounds nice! It's basically a classic M4 base right? Is there any other difference besides the gears and the motor?

Yeah, the gear box is a new to accommodate the new high cycle motor. From what I read it looks a smoother piston and newer gears.

I actually use short mags on my M4 EBB now, just had to get one of these cheap things: http://www.ebairsoft.com/lonex-magazine-...-3897.html

[Image: IMG_1075.jpg]

Works fine, except some Magpul style mags need a little extra width on the side to fit proper, but a little rubber floor slider pad did the trick. Works great with this 200rd short PMAG.
I thought the short Pmags were 20 rounds. Who makes the 200?
(15-02-2011, 07:53 PM)GingaNinga Wrote: I thought the short Pmags were 20 rounds. Who makes the 200?

It's a high-cap. The STAR type low/mid cap PMAGS actually fit without any adjustment, just need the tube adapter. This high cap is more similar in dimension to the newer PMAG M-style, with a more textured feel, but a little thinner, hence the need for some extra adjustment.
madmax - your new baby looks cool! Especially in an aluminum outer barrel, I like it. Out of curiosity how many days did you use for making it from scratch?
(21-02-2011, 11:24 PM)RON Wrote: madmax - your new baby looks cool! Especially in an aluminum outer barrel, I like it. Out of curiosity how many days did you use for making it from scratch?

Thanks RON! ^^
I am totally digging the aluminum silver outer barrel! I was looking for one for a couple of months now.

I didn't touch the gearbox yet so once I had all the other parts, here is my walkthrough:

Day 1:
- Disassembling a Marui M4 classic (40min)
- Freaking out before understanding there is a tiny little screw under the stock front iron sight, and removing it... (2hours 30min)
- Removing "properly" (=without the help of a sledgehammer) the gearbox (30min)
- Screwing the RIS on the upper receiver (20min)
- Freaking out and swearing my guts out because "it doesn't ¥*#×$&◎!ing fit" before realizing I forgot to remove one part... (15min)
- Putting together the Hop chamber with a H-nub (15min)
- Trying to fit the gearbox in the new lower receiver (2hours)
- Miserably failing, screaming and swearing again (20min)
- Giving up, and going to sleep (1min)

Day 2:
- Calmly managing to fit the gearbox in the lower receiver. (30min)
- Having a cigarette, and doing some anger management when arranging the motor cables in the new grip... (30min)
- Cutting myself with the edge of the upper receiver, more swearing, disinfecting, and putting gloves on... (20min)
- Looking for the little spring of the reload handle that suddenly popped out of nowhere on my carpet... (1h30min)
- Losing patience, having a smoke... (10min)
- Finally putting the whole thing together (30min)
- Realizing that I forgot the magazine eject button, and that I mounted the shell ejecting space cache upside down... (30seconds).
- Some more swearing in italian! ...I was out of french and english bad words! (10min)
- Replying "NOT NOW! I AM BUSY!" to a girl who wanted to see me on valentine's day. (2min)
- disassembling the whole thing again... (5min! "eh! I am getting good at this!")
- assembling it again, but with the magazine eject button, the case won't close "propely" (remember the sledgehammer?)... (1h30)

Day3:
- Calling-in "busy", Taking a day off work (1min)
- Bringing the case/frame and gearbox to Echigoya to have them show me how to assemble it "properly". (3hours incl. travel).
- Mounting the stock pipe, stock, iron sights, front handle, battery case (twice. I broke the rail-mount shaft the first time), flash hider, etc... (1h)
- Success!

Total time: daitai 16h40min / 3days
Total bad words used: 1,562
Total cigarettes smoked: 57
Total girls upset: 1
Total awesomest M4 ever: 1

Big Grin

Thats a lot of cigarettes.

Cool m4 though
King of Questions
Got the M4 fully tuned with Systema parts (Cylinder, spring, piston head, nuzzle, etc... Laylax gears and metal bushings) yesterday from Airborne!

They installed their home-made FET in it too.

I tested it a bit in their range, and the grouping I got was more than satisfying.
Chronoed at a very consistent 96mps.

I can't wait to use it on a field! ;o)