Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TM G36C triple M (MadMaxMod)
Hey all!

I have fielded the TM CQBR M4 (described in the related-topic under the "gear" section) on the 14th, and I wasn't happy with a couple of things with it:

- I dislike the electric blow back a LOT! ...it gives the gun that "mechanic" feel of a rental AK. I like the "electric" feel of a standard gun better (make me think of these Pulse rifles used in "Aliens" ^^ ).

- The gun doesn't shoot consistently, even with a tight bore barrel. BBs are flying in random places which made me have to spray a lot more than my usual play style.

- It's heavy as f***k! ...and very clunky.

I was missing my beloved G36C very badly on Sunday, but couldn't use it as my friends were using my regular batteries, I was stuck with the M4.

So I will keep the M4, because I love the design, but I decided to go back to my good ol' G36C for field games as my primary outdoor weapon.

the problem I have with the G36C currently, is that its power is a bit borderline for public games. I bought a chrono last week, and it shoots at EXACTLY 98mps (custom spring).

Which is cool, but I would like to mod it a bit to gain range and lower the power a bit to make sure it will pass all entry chrono tests.

I was thinking of putting back the stock spring, and installing a tight bore barrel (which length would be best here?) and an h-nub.

What would you guys recommend?

Any shared experience with modding G36Cs would be greatly appreciated!

I am going to Hong Kong on Thursday, and I will have lots of free time to shop for gear.

I am planing to get dress-up stuff like an M4 mag adapter, a fixed stock - possibly the one from the (the foldable one is a bit "meh"), a silencer to cover the longer barrel.

I'd like to make it look a bit like the one in this thread:
http://www.tkoverkill.com/showthread.php?tid=706
...but without the grenade launcher.

Cheers!

"Warning! - NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night."
Using a stock spring and a 363mm inner barrel from Madbull (6.03) I was able to get a consistent 96m/s with no hop. I had to cover the extended barrel with a silencer.
Also, you might need a silencer adapter as most silences will hit the G36 body before fully tightening on the threaded front end.

Is your 98m/s at the sweet spot on your hop? Sone fields ask you to turn the hop off before testing the gun, and I find that some hops will either increase or decrease the power...
My TM M4 increases a bit with the hop on, my TM Shiki decreases. Just something to consider.

Have fun in Hong Kong.
Thanks for the reply Ginga.

I have an RIS on my G36C, so I should be good with silencers.

Quote:Is your 98m/s at the sweet spot on your hop?

Yeah, but I tested with maximum hop and no hop at all... and it doesn't change much.
How much did you get with a decent hop with your Madbull barrel?

Also, I am now reading that a H-Nub will increase range, but damages the gun... I don't really see why would that be?
Damages the gun? Where did you read that?
I think that power dropped to about 93,94 with hop engaged, and 96 without it.
I also tested a 450 and a 550 mm barrel and they were both too long and reduced the velocity. 363 seems to be the best length for the TM version.

It's a shame you don't like the blowback.
You lost FPS when changing to a longer barrel? What cylinder were you using? Generally cylinder port type should match barrel length type.
Madmax, just cut a bit of the spring end for your G36, that's how I did for all my Chinese AEGs which were coming too hot. It's much easier than it sounds. You remove the spring, then cut like one revolution, or one and a half if you want to be sure (from what you said), make sure you cut the part at the "bottom" of the spring (i.e. the part not facing the cylinder), and put it back in, voila!

Special thanks to Q who showed me that the first time like a year ago, and have been swearing by that since then.

PS: I told you that you would change your mind after playing around with those AEGs Smile
Q,
Yah, on a stock TM G36C. All I did was swap barrels, I didn't bother opening the mechbox to match the cylinders. With the stock cylinder the 363mm seemed to be the longest I could go with before I started seeing a decrease in velocity.
Quote:Damages the gun? Where did you read that?

Another Canadian forum... Not sure now. I just googled "TM G36C H-nub".

@Ycare:
Cutting the spring sounds good, but I could also put back the stock one, no?

I guess I will try a tb 363mm barrel, and an H-nub to increase range, and see how the gun shoots with that.

Quote:PS: I told you that you would change your mind after playing around with those AEGs

Yeah... true... I was sort of expecting that too to be honest. But customizing the guns is just as fun as playing with them for me. ^^

(And playing with a gun you like is definitely more fun than playing with a "meh" gun!)
The stock one was Marui? You'll probably find it to be way under the power limit. Stock TM tend to be on 0.85J or something. Even with upgrades, from experience I rarely saw the TM spring ending up around 0.95J.
(17-11-2010, 09:24 AM)GingaNinga Wrote: Q,
Yah, on a stock TM G36C. All I did was swap barrels, I didn't bother opening the mechbox to match the cylinders. With the stock cylinder the 363mm seemed to be the longest I could go with before I started seeing a decrease in velocity.

Yep, that's why Prometheus have different ported cylinders for different length barrels. You should really match the cylinder to the barrel length.

This is also where the PTS ACR design is somewhat inefficient whereby they give a non-ported for a 380mm barrel and later sell a CQB barrel option swap but say nothing about the cylinder.

(17-11-2010, 09:30 AM)madmax Wrote: Another Canadian forum... Not sure now. I just googled "TM G36C H-nub".

If you can post the URL, that's greatly appreciated. AFAIK that's poppycock.
Sorry Q, I could find that forum again...

Ok, so this is what I am planing to get:

- Prometheus Tight bore 363mm barrel (with a silencer to hide it. The G36C looks badass with a silencer anyway).
- H-Nub keeping the stock TM buckling (should I change that to a Systema one?)
- Cut the spring to get something along the lines of 96-97 mps

Should I change the piston head too?
Hi again,

Coming back frmo hong Kong with a suit case loaded with gear...
(Damn, that stuff is cheap there! ...Props to Q for hooking me up with the places to go by the way).

But The problem I have now is I am understanding that absolutely NOTHING is compatible with TM guns...

I bought the M4 mag adapter... (I bought 2 of them.. a Battleaxe which looked a bit "cheap", and a CA...) But none of them will take TM M4 mags.
Not that it's a biggie anyway, these things didn't cost me more than 500yen each... but I am a bit disappointed.

Do I have to get a TM M4 Mag adapter?

regular M4 mags or new generation ones?
They should fit regular M4 mags.
New ones I guess...

Argh! that's why then... the goal was to be using the same mags with my 2 guns... I guess that's a "fail" then. I should have researched more.

Meh. No biggie, it was cheap anyway.
I'm sure if you hold on to the adapters someone will come along who will want them.