Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[COMPLETED] TKO:Splash - Sunday, 12th September 2010
At the time I let out a "How did that not hit you". It wasn't actually directed at you, I was just pissed at being lit up and said what was in my head (never a good thing!). I think you may have hit me with perhaps one shot. What did the damage was the person that was standing less than 2 meters away on my flank lighting me up full auto.
I know we were playing the campaign and people could reload but, especially with a big field, you don't want to be going back to reload all the time so I do think people would play differently and not use full auto all the time.
When it all is said and done basically it was a situation where I would have hoped for a little more thought before action but understand that being ambushed was a hell of a surprise and if a guy is firing at my team it's natural to try and take that person out.
We did have a cool interaction earlier in the day, that I think was more of an accurate representation of how the day went, and one of the reasons I came up to you straight away to apologize cos getting upset in any situation is not cool.
ExclamationRight in the clacker!
Just to add my 2 cents, it's not the first time I was "overshot" (reason for Overkill? Wink), and this even with ammo limits. When you think you have an opening on someone and he doesn't call the hit, I think you just keep shooting till he does, you don't usually count ammo in that case.
I don't know, maybe some guns are too loud and impair hearing, because I seriously had to scream from the top of my lungs a couple of time to get to stop the flow of BBs coming toward my (fragile) face.
Yes I must say with or without ammo limit, I'd open up on you anyway Big Grin. The reason is that maybe I've played too much in over 4 years of airsoft in JP, that "doing the nice thing of semi-auto", there's a 50/50 chance the player may not raise their hand to say hit.

I'm not calling you a cheat (actually didn't even know it was you), any actually sometimes these players don't cheat on purpose too but either they wear too much that they don't feel the semi-autos, etc. I'm guilty of the same thing at times.

When I was lit up later that afternoon, I screamed at the top of my lungs twice too before the BBs stopped. I've accepted it as a byproduct of the game.
A BB limit changes the way I play but I do have a Masada that gets 80% more distance (according to one credible source) so semi-auto is all I need for a head shot. Maybe it wouldn't change the way others play so fair nuf. Anyway, hopefully common sense prevails if the participants in my story have a similar situation in the future (obviously I'm referring to myself as much, if not more than my close distance full auto friend).
What did people think about the campaigns? (Both the morning and afternoon one)
I liked it and thought it was very well planned Wink.
I enjoyed the longer campaigns. I thought our team worked well on them and had a good idea of what everyone was up to due to a lot of good communication within the team and direction from our esteemed leaders.
BAA BAA BANG!!
I actually thought I really needed a radio since the only way for me to communicate with the team was to guard the respawn point. Nevertheless, with the organization planned ahead, I was able to launch several missions with success thanks to my skilled team members who were diligent in achieving assigned tasks.
yeah, the radios really helped. I thought that the changes that were made on the morning (making missions 15 mins and no dog tags) helped make the day better but I think the yellow team had two leaders that did a great job of letting everyone know what needed to be done. I also think the red team did a great job of putting themselves in my cross hairs!!