Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[COMPLETED] TKO:Splash - Sunday, 12th September 2010
OK all, please refer to the front post, the team organisations and campaign details are now up. I didn't put the schedule but basically the schedule is starting off with quick 15 min games before going into a morning campaign.

Then lunch break, plus a few more 15 min games before the afternoon campaign.
Lets Do this!
Loading up and heading out, barely slept, but what the hell!
Thanks everyone for a great day. Was glad I survived the heat.
As always, a big thank you to the organizers, Q and Psycho.
A big thank you also to the Team Leaders.

I would also say that I thought the ladies on the two teams really held their own and played extremely well today. It is nice to see more women coming to the games. I always feel bad for the one or two girls that come out to games, but with 5 on our team and couple on the other I think it was nice...although Hitomi's pink camo gloves have got to go Smile

I hope everyone had a good time and please come out again soon.

I look forward to seeing pictures, except the group shot, which I regretted the moment it was taken Sad
Thank you all for coming to attend the game. Extra thanks to Thunder, Aym, Ron, & Psycho to being team leads. Also continuing thanking Psycho/RON for helping out with the game orgs and translations! Sleep cool tonight everyone.
Really cool game today, had lots of fun, and I think that was probably the game with the most girls I participated in so far!
As usual thanks to Q for organizeing nice games. Three of us all had the nice day and I thought finally my guest was getting used to how to move in the field. In the car heading to home she said that she'll come out again.

I couldn't agree with Ginga more about success of women in today's games especially in one of Ycare's friends did great job in both campaign games. She succeeded in killing commander twice including me... my goodness!

Anyway I really enjoyed moving around there and playing in full field with many people! Thank you for your effort in promotion , Psycho.
I had fun today, thank you very much.
Thanks to everyone for a great day! Personally enjoyed it tons, and we lucked with the weather as the afternoon seemed to cool down a bit.

I think the new players seemed to enjoy the day, although I think the experienced players need to ensure we keep an eye on them from a safety point of view. For example, one of the newbies pointing their weapon at my face in the safe zone as a joke isn't so funny when their magazine is still clipped in and their finger is completely on the trigger (as witnessed by Q, Drifter and me).

As always, please let us know your feedback on the games, campaign, the field and the day overall.

Thanks again guys!
Guys, thanks to Naomi we have a bunch of very nice pictures from almost everyone.

Enjoy!

Big Grin
I had a good day. Thanks everyone for a great time. Big thanks to Q and Psycho for the organization. The campaign games seem to go smoother everytime we do them. Yesterday was the first time I've had to spit out a bb. Thanks to whoever shot me in the mouth. I guess you got tired of my singing (unbelievable though that may be).
"Lets just all hug and shoot something!"
-WiskieTango
Thanks for the great day everyone and great photos from Naomi. Please say thanks to her for me. Her friends were great. The assassin was a laugh. Nice job in hunting down the commanders in both games. Even finding Ben while he was cowering in the safety zone from our morning onslaught :p

Thanks to Q and Psycho for organizing and to the team leaders. Ycare and Thundermidget did a great job of getting our team on the ball all day. Our lady force rocked out as well. My GF is keen to come out again. Think I might fit her out with one of these Big Grin
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/ai..._M60E4.htm

See you all soon
BAA BAA BANG!!
Fun times all around, minus the heat and being eaten alive by mosquitoes. Between the sweating and blood I lost, I'm probably a kilo or 2 lighter! Thanks to the organizers for another fun outing.
Thanks for a great game. The yellow team had 2 great commanders who kept everyone in the loop as to what was happening.
1 thing I would like to raise is the issue of people getting lit up well after hit calls. I saw a few occasions where someone called hit very loudly but continued to be shot. I had a situation where I ambushed half the red team. I took single burst shots and thought I was taking people out. Perhaps BBs were not coming out or maybe the shots weren't felt because I was doing single burst but I ended up getting lit up by someone, standing less than 2 meters away from me, on full auto. I got pissed, which I shouldn't have and Ben bore the brunt of that outburst (for which I again apologize). My issue is that I died very little during the day and only died twice from shots to the body... yet I ended up getting shot 14 times (I counted the red marks) on those 2 deaths.
We voted on an ammo limit and I think that have a limit would make people play differently and perhaps not use full auto all day, which would decrease the chance of someone getting lit up full auto from point blank range. Obviously I would have preferred the person that lit me up to have said something like "I didn't feel a hit so maybe no BBs are coming out" or at least only fire 1 shot since they were standing to my 9 o'clock and I was no longer facing them.
Anyway, apart from that situation I had a great day but thought I should raise the issue since a few people got lit up well after hit calls.
ExclamationRight in the clacker!
I agree that the incident you explained was a bit extreme. Personally I didn't feel a hit or hear anything hit my gear, and a reflex just kicked in where I turned and squeezed the trigger as I ducked for cover. I'm guessing some of the others did the same thing - just turned and pulled the trigger as a reflex before even registering in their brains they were hit. That said, I called myself out as I assumed you probably hit me judging by the situation.

No offense taken at the outburst, as I know it was just spur of the moment... Especially since we already had a nice moment of fair play earlier in the day when we decided to allow each other to turn and put some distance between us after realizing we were less than 5 meters away from each other.

On the ammo limit, not sure if that would have had much of an impact, as we were in the campaign game and people were free to reload back at base or safety zone. Not to mention that the people in that particular incident weren't carrying excessive amounts of ammo (that I was aware of).

Overall hope the few "bad" experiences didn't ruin it for you (or the others) and that the day was overall a good one.