Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[COMPLETED] TKO:Splash - Sunday, 12th September 2010
Moved ricochet discussion to this thread...
http://www.tkoverkill.com/showthread.php?tid=1103

Q, as organizer, if you could let ThunderMidget know if you plan on making any changes to the ricochet rule for this game that would be appreciated.
Answer is No. TKO has historically played with a "ricochet doesn't count" policy since we formed TKO 4 years ago & will probably not change anytime soon (naturally subject to debate amongst TKOSOC) but particular to this game, that stance won't be changing.
Ok, thanks for clarifying!
"Lets just all hug and shoot something!"
-WiskieTango
Just to make sure though, what is the specific rule for deciding a hit was a ricochet and not direct? Do I have to actually SEE the BB hit something, bounce, and then hit me?
-WiskieTango
The fundamentals are if you're not certain, call yourself out. If you know it's a ricochet, then it's not a hit.

Therefore, a "it must have been a ricochet" or "it must be impossible it was a direct hit" doesn't count as "I know cos I saw".
Thanks Q.
-WiskieTango
Thanks for clarifying that Q. I am happy with that. If you see it bounce off something and hit you then ok it is a ricochet, if something hits you and you don't see it bounce off then it is a hit. Makes sense. Let's see how it goes.
BAA BAA BANG!!
Hi Q,
I was wondering what your plan for game types was for the day?
Will the day be one game at a time, with breaks, or will it be a campaign style game like last month at Seals?

The reason I ask is that I was at the field yesterday and suffered heat exhaustion after 4 or 5 games. They were playing 20 minute capture the flag (back to back), with a 10 minute break after the back to back. I went through about 2 litres of water and sports drink in under 2 hours, and had to leave just before lunch.

I would like to know what the plan for the day is, as I might need to remove myself from attendance for health reasons. I have always been very sensitive to heat, and I think this long wave of heat is finally catching up with me.

Anyway, if you could let us know what the game plan is, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
As Q is flying today, please allow me to respond on his behalf. The schedule is being finalized and will be posted online shortly. At this stage I believe the plan is to run 15 minute games back to back with a 10 or 20 minute break afterwards.

The schedule also has incorporated a morning and afternoon campaign. The campaigns are set at 90 minutes, which is longer than the SEALs version last month - this was done to allow people to take breaks at their own pace, but still have plenty of time to participate in the campaign. (the 60 min campaign didn't really allow rest breaks if you wanted to participate)

Needless to say, the schedule is not set in stone and we can modify on the fly if game and participant conditions justify.
Thanks for the updated info.
Hopefully I feel better than I did yesterday. I am hoping it cools down a bit.
I think it'll be ok Ginga, I'm not too strong in heat either, and there'll be like 3 girls on my side coming along, so we'll all have to take it easy. Luckily it seems like temperature starts dropping slowly but surely, should be better by Sunday.
I'm sorry for late update but I made the rental status in signup sheet "No" just now. After all it had become not necessary for my guests.
Sorry guys, just signed up!! Sorry for taking so long. Getting my canoe team organised is like herding cats. I am in for the weekend Frenchie hunt. See you Sunday Big Grin
BAA BAA BANG!!
Oh man :p...ok, let me work out the team org a little more. I guess you'd like to play with Thunder/Ginga? Or should I split U guys up ;-)?

Quick check, you're bringing Flossy? Who's that?
sorry the flossy thing was a nz joke
BAA BAA BANG!!