Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[COMPLETED] TKO: SEALS Field B, Saturday 14th August, 2010
Not confirmed yet, but I should have two or three buddies coming with me.
"Lets just all hug and shoot something!"
-WiskieTango
I have recover almost and had already signed up!
That's good news Kenzie! Hope your son gets to play too!
I'll bring along a couple of new scenarios. I hope there will be some interest in trying them out.
TiFast, feel free to present them to me a week before the games. I'll take a peek at scenarios you're proposing. Can't guarantee they'll be incorporated but I'd like to see you ideas.
ok, Q!
Kenzie, would be great to see you playing again!
"Lets just all hug and shoot something!"
-WiskieTango
Looking forward to seeing you again kenzie!
I'm in. Great to hear that you are coming along Kenzie!
ExclamationRight in the clacker!
Updated sign-up sheet. I'll bring GF.
Excellent! We welcome her!
A quick thought about transportation...

I was watching the news yesterday and the news casters were talking about Obon. They mentioned how last year there were 8 days of "1,000 yen fare" on the express roads. Each Thursday to Sunday on either side of the Obon week. There was talk about how busy it was and that this year it has been decided that there would only be 4 days of the 1,000 yen fare...Saturday and Sunday. If you are travelling on the express ways on the 7th, 8th, 14th, or 15th, they said to expect HUGE delays.

This got me thinking about the game on the 14th. The field is an easy 10 minute walk from Chishirodai Station, and it might be much easier for people to take the train out and walk than be caught in traffic for a few hours.

Just thought I would throw it out there Smile
Mmmm, it's worth giving some thoughts indeed. Although by living Tokyo at 7AM I should be able to avoid too much traffic on the way out for a Saturday morning. The way back shouldn't be the problem either.

I'll investigate, but thanks for the heads up!
For you on a bike Ycare you are probably fine, but for people in cars I suspect there is going to be major delays...but maybe not?
Looking forward to it. I got some new kit that I am eager to use...new guns and gear be fun Smile
In general, the Higashi Kanto Expressway doesn't see as much traffic as other expressways such as Kanetsu or Chuo, although 7am ~ 9am is usually the busiest times on Japanese expressways heading out of Tokyo. On a bike, it probably doesn't matter as much (if you are weaving between cars), but in a car, it's probably best to leave as early as possible.

On the way back, it probably will be usual amount of traffic given its just a Saturday, not Sunday.

Of course the train is 'greener' and you won't have to worry about the traffic at all! Big Grin

Traffic forecast here:
http://www.jartic.or.jp/guide/yosoku/rig...disp=d0004