Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[COMPLETED]: Village 1 - July 11
(07-07-2010, 09:34 PM)psycho Wrote: Hi Ginga,
Thanks - its good to be back, although being back means I need to start going to work again, so not sure I'm liking it. Tongue

Their rain policy is based off 23:00 on the weather report Saturday night. That said, I am not sure how much the weather report will change between 23:00 and 06:00, so I guess we'll have to go off the 23:00 forecast.

With all this rain, I'm guessing the field will be pretty wet either way - so bring a change of clothes!

Yeah, what's up with the weather and humidity here?!! Not fun.

So you will announce of cancellation due to rain by 2300hrs tomorrow, Saturday? Hope the weather will be favorable on Sunday (fingers crossed)...
Correct - cancellation will be announced 2300 Saturday night (or shortly after). Basically its not really up to me - it's the field's decision - they will determine by the weather report and field conditions if canceling is allowable / advisable or not (if the weather report looks questionable, I'll be on the phone with them tomorrow night).

If they aren't going to let us cancel, we have to pay the field fee (with no refund), so in that case, we may as well go and hope for the best. Smile
I gave a bunch of stuff to Q as I thought he might be the next game admin. He might have the whistles and medic pouches. I will bring what I have as well.
(09-07-2010, 08:40 PM)GingaNinga Wrote: I gave a bunch of stuff to Q as I thought he might be the next game admin. He might have the whistles and medic pouches. I will bring what I have as well.

Thanks Ginga.
Stygo, Drifter, ace5kills and myself are meeting up and sharing a cab. Hope the weather holds out for us, really looking forward to the game
(09-07-2010, 09:15 PM)psycho Wrote:
(09-07-2010, 08:40 PM)GingaNinga Wrote: I gave a bunch of stuff to Q as I thought he might be the next game admin. He might have the whistles and medic pouches. I will bring what I have as well.

Thanks Ginga.

Does that mean you want them? I have the medic pouches, & the kitchen alarm clock, but the giant car siren horn is with Ginga or Anarchy.
Q - all I think we need is the whistles and respawn counter (my original request). The medic pouches are an added plus if you have them - as I recall, the don't take up too much space, so please bring those also.
Any word on rain call for this one? Weather looks like it might hold for now, but I'm just wondering when the go no go is for sure. I'm hyped though, hope to see everyone out.
Spoke to the field rep - we're game on for tomorrow.

See you guys there!
(10-07-2010, 10:36 PM)psycho Wrote: Spoke to the field rep - we're game on for tomorrow.

See you guys there!

Sweet, time to sweat of some of this week long McDonald's binge I've been on. Tongue
(05-07-2010, 08:17 PM)ChucklesZeClown Wrote: There's a train that gets to Chishirodai at 8:19am, with the train from Tokyo going straight through to Tsuga for a quick change onto the monorail

@stygo - sounds good, 3-4 folks with bags they can carry will make it quite reasonable to get there.

One last thing, if someone can print the map or write the address down in legible Japanese, that'd be good to. Unless one of us has an iphone which could also work.
@ drifter - I've got a printed map and an iPhone
Very sorry for not making it out to the game.
My ride was supposed to pick me up about 5 hours ago...still haven't heard anything. I am a bit worried...but I hope it is something simple like sleeping in, being hung-over, or something easily laughed off. The alternatives aren't so easy to think about Sad

Hope you all a good time.
Ooo...very dodgy Ginga. We're having a good time here...missing out.
Yah, he called at about 3:00 to say he was sorry.
lame, but I am glad he is OK.

Glad you are having fun!
You missed a good day. Games were good, adrenaline going the whole day. What more, my VFC SCAR-L lasted longer than I did Big Grin - developed a back problem in the latter 1/2 of the day. But the SCAR-L went strong.