Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[COMPLETED]: Village 1 - July 11
Drifter - Added to the list. no need to snipe those drunks!

stygo - Added to the list. Unfortunately, my car is full. Anyone else out there driving to this one?

I've never taken public transportation to this place, so can't say from experience, but their access information is on this page: http://www.village-one.org/page016016.html
From what I gather, basically take the train to Chishirodai Station 千城台駅, then switch to taxi or bus. Splitting the taxi fare with other participants would probably be a good choice - anyone else want to taxi-pool?

Ycare - Removed - no worries - do what you have to. We'll get some kills for you!

GingaNinga - Removed - PM'd me and has family matters that just came up as well. Guess we'll have to get some kills for you too!
Well, if anyone has space for a ride out of Tokyo, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll be happy to split a cab from Chishirodai station with anyone who is meeting there.
Drifter - I'm up for splitting a cab. Let me know what time you plan on getting to the station so we can meet up
(03-07-2010, 05:14 PM)ChucklesZeClown Wrote: Drifter - I'm up for splitting a cab. Let me know what time you plan on getting to the station so we can meet up

Cool, I'll probably arrive before 8:30 or something, but I'll confirm it before next week.
(05-07-2010, 12:19 AM)Drifter Wrote:
(03-07-2010, 05:14 PM)ChucklesZeClown Wrote: Drifter - I'm up for splitting a cab. Let me know what time you plan on getting to the station so we can meet up

Cool, I'll probably arrive before 8:30 or something, but I'll confirm it before next week.

I could also cheap in for the cab...
There's a train that gets to Chishirodai at 8:19am, with the train from Tokyo going straight through to Tsuga for a quick change onto the monorail

@stygo - sounds good, 3-4 folks with bags they can carry will make it quite reasonable to get there.
Hey Psycho,
Welcome home.

Quick question about Sunday. I took a look at the weather link they have up on the Village 1 homepage, and weather was calling for cloud with 40% chance of rain, and rainy days on both Sat and Mon. I was wondering when you will make a rain decision? Saturday night or Sunday morning? To get to the field Sunday morning we have to leave around 6:00 or 6:30, so am hoping to know by then.

As you have been out of country until just last night, recent rain has been heavy! So that 40% chance might only amount to 30 minutes of rain, but it could come down in buckets like it has been recently Smile Just curious to know what the plan was...

Hope the jet lag isn't too bad.
Hi Ginga,
Thanks - its good to be back, although being back means I need to start going to work again, so not sure I'm liking it. Tongue

Their rain policy is based off 23:00 on the weather report Saturday night. That said, I am not sure how much the weather report will change between 23:00 and 06:00, so I guess we'll have to go off the 23:00 forecast.

With all this rain, I'm guessing the field will be pretty wet either way - so bring a change of clothes!

Yeah, what's up with the weather and humidity here?!! Not fun.
Thanks for the info.
Hope we get a break in the rain long enough to play Smile
Is it possible for me to join this game?

I know it's kinda late, but my schedule is pretty tight lately, and its hard to squeeze a day off...
(08-07-2010, 11:20 PM)ace5kills Wrote: Is it possible for me to join this game?

I know it's kinda late, but my schedule is pretty tight lately, and its hard to squeeze a day off...

Sure thing, you're on the list. Glad you can join. Smile
btw, any chance of carpooling?

don't worry, I'm not that big Big Grin
Sorry, my car is already full. Some of the guys are taking the train and sharing a cab from the station to the field - probably worth checking with them to see if they have room for one more. (check a few posts earlier in this thread)
Any ammo limits in place for this game? Any thing we need to prep (dead rags, etc)?
Looking forard to it.
(09-07-2010, 07:30 AM)GingaNinga Wrote: Any ammo limits in place for this game? Any thing we need to prep (dead rags, etc)?
Looking forard to it.

BB limits - per original post, standard TKO rules - which now that I double-checked, don't specify bb limits. Let's go with one mag for high-caps, and if you are using mids or lows, as many as you can carry.

Prep - dead rag if you want, but not required as not everyone will have one. For you Ginga - if you can bring the whistles and respawn counter/clicker you had, that would be a nice plus, although not an absolute necessity.